Upgrade from Version 7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from Version 7.0

What software do I need to buy if I want to upgrade my Family Tree Make Version 7.0. I don't want to lose all the data that was entered.

Thanks for your help, Bruce

Welecome to the forum, Bruce.

Not sure which version you are referring to - any idea how old it might be?
    As far as I can remember the versions went from 2004 / 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / version 16 / 2008 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014.
    Maybe you have the 2007 edition?

If you wish to use the data already entered into the program then you have two main options:
    a) export a GEDCOM file from the version 7 program and open it with any family tree software of your choice
    or
    b) install a newer version of Family Tree Maker which should open the file automatically.

The problem with the GEDCOM method is that it is data only so any media items you may have added will not be included.

Family Tree Maker software has recently been taken over by a company called MacKiev and I would recommend you contact them and ask whether the most recent edition of their software - FTM 2014 - will open your file satisfactorily.

Family Tree Maker makes it easier than ever to discover your family story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage. If you're new to family history, you'll appreciate how this intuitive program lets you easily grow your family tree with simple navigation, tree-building tools, and integrated Web searching. If you’re already an expert, you can dive into the more advanced features, options for managing data, and a wide variety of charts and reports. The end result is a family history that you and your family will treasure for years to come!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi,
      Just for information, version 7 came out in August 1999 - and it still works perfectly for me!
      SS

Comment

Working...
      X