Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Territorial Force Nursing Service

Hi,

Does anyone know where I may be able to find out more about the Territorial Force Nursing Service? I was searching the National Archives in an attempt to find Annie Phillips and came across a record for the TFNS but upon searching I've not been able to find anything further.

I'd like to be able to see if there's a birth date at all, I'm trying to narrow down what happened to my Annie after the 1911 Census and the TFNS is a new record that I've not seen before. You may remember that I've mentioned my Annie many times before in an attempt to find her.

Many Thanks.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

From the website of the expert on the subject:

Researching British Military Nurses and VADs and military hospitals in the Great War period and transcriptions of documents from The National Archives

Have you looked at the WW1 records on Ancestry and findmypast? They both have some women's records.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I have searched those but none seem to bring up the records as far as I can see.
      Thank you for the link. I'll have a look through it.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

The British Red Cross database of the 90,000 First World War volunteers, who were known as voluntary aided detachments or VADs, is now down for maintenance.

https://www.familytreeforum.com/cont...litary-History - scroll down for women's links
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sadly, Sue Light, who set up the Scarlet Finders website has recently died
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X