Nellie Bryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellie Bryan

was buried in Leicester on 30/07/1894 aged 13 months, abode Brook Street, Leicester.

According to the census Thomas Bryan, his wife Emma (nee Barwick) and their family were living in Brook Street in 1891.

I've looked through FreeBMD and the new online GRO search index, but no success ... is anyone able to find Nellie's birth registration please?
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

I have tried everything I can think of LL but no success I'm afraid - sorry.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks for trying Chrissie ... I tried all sorts of combinations too, so now wondering if her birth was reg'd with a different first name, wasn't registered or maybe mistranscribed ???
      Although all her siblings births reg'd ok.
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 19-11-16, 10:36.

Comment

Just a thought! Was she baptised/christened?

Comment

could this be her
          Florence Eleanor
          Last name Bryan
          Birth year 1892
          Birth quarter 2
          District Melton Mowbray
          County Leicestershire
          Volume 7A
          Page 337

Comment

Hi Val, thans for looking, but its unlikely as all others born Leicester (city) + she had a brother John Henry bQ3 1892 Leic
            Based on age when she died I estimate that she was born cJune 1893 + same address in 1891 and Nellie's burial in 1894

Comment

wonder if this is her Brown instead of Bryan
              BROWN, NELLIE EDITH BARWICK Order
              GRO Reference: 1892 M Quarter in AYLSHAM Volume 04B Page 81
              not good on areas
              Last edited by Guest; 19-11-16, 10:58.

Comment

Hi leicestershirelass,
                Below I think is the birth you are looking for, Nellie being another version of Ellen

Birth Record for Lydia Ellen Bryan
                in the District of Leicester
                Name
                Lydia Ellen Bryan
                District
                Leicester, Leicestershire
                Page
                Volume
                7A
                Registered
                January - March 1893

Robert

Comment

wrong birth mother
                  BRYAN, LYDIA ELLEN CHAWNER Order
                  GRO Reference: 1893 M Quarter in LEICESTER Volume 07A Page 275

Comment

There's a birth for Nellie Bryan in Q/E Sep 1893 in Ecclesall Bierlow. In the GRO indexes the mother's maiden name is SLEATH

Possible marriage of parents - William Bryan and Ada Sleath in Ecclesall Bierlow Q/E June 1883

There's a tree on Ancestry (doesn't have Nellie on) that says that William Bryan died in October 1893. Ada then married William Andrews and in 1901 they are living at 40 Brook Street Leicester

Your Thomas Bryan was at 89 Brook Street in 1891 and William Andrews was at 71 Brook Street
                    Jackie

Comment

Thanks everyone for looking, it seems that Nellie's birth is likely to remain a mystery!

Jackie ... I think I understand .... There were 2 Bryan families living in Brook St in 1891 at the same time.

Thomas did have a brother William, but he wasn't the one who married Ada Sleath - perhaps he was a cousin??

Comment

The only Nellie Bryan I could find in the right time frame was the one who had a mother maiden name Sleath and that family were living in Brook St at around the same time. I don't know if they're related or its just a coincidence.

Does the burial record say what number Brook St.?
                        Jackie

Comment

burial record just says
                          Abode: Brook Street

it seems that Nellie was William and Ada's child not Thomas and Emma's

thanks very much for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X