Can't find births on GRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find births on GRO

I have had a thread up about this line before, but not this particular query -https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...ial-Confusion?

Phillis Langley, b 1828 married William Farrow in 1844. They had 5 children (2 before the marriage) by Mar 1851. Sometime around then Phillis went off with the man who was boarding with them in 1851, Robert Kendrick (b. 1830 in Wales). In 1853 they had a son, Joseph, b. 17 Jan 1853) baptised in Wigan. http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/60...&usePUBJs=true

Phillis and Robert have 3 more children, Margaret, Robert who died young followed by another Robert, all found on the GRO indexes.

Then in 1868 they had a son Thomas, b Elswick, Northumberland who again can't be found.

Here is the family in 1871 : http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=16867685

I have looked under Kendrick/Kenrick and also Langley and Farrow but can't find births for Joseph or Thomas. Can anyone find them for me?
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hi Linda

Just had a look on the new GRO which now gives MMN.

Not found Thomas with any surname you have mentioned with MMN Langley. Found Margaret 1856 under Kendrick mmn Langley which you have.

Also found William Farrow mmn Langley Mar 1851 South Shields Union Vol 24 Page 236.

Also found some of the earlier births pre 1851 but you have them.

Not a lot of help but nice you know someone else can't find Thomas as well.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I tried all ways and nothing for those years

Comment

I can't find any sign of them either I'm afraid Linda.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

maybe they didn't bother registering him?

That's not unknown
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Have you looked with mother's maiden name farrow? My ancestor was a pratt, but had married to a harker, then a Coates. Three of the Coates children I could not find under mmn pratt, they were under mmn harker.
            Last edited by kylejustin; 14-11-16, 23:57.

Comment

praps they didn't register them,

You have to remember there was no penalty for not registering a birth [up to 1875] after 1875 heavy fines were bought in to those that didn't register their child.
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-11-16, 07:27.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think it must be the case that they didn't bother to register them, even though all the others were registered. Thanks to everyone for trying to find them.
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Linda I think it is very likely that the South Shields births would have been registered by the Union. It is possible the same for the Roberts. If they had to do the registering themselves, I would agree they probably didn't bother.

Did you ever find the death for William b 1817 South Shields?

Vera
                  Last edited by vera2013; 15-11-16, 12:12.

Comment

Working...
                  X