Problems with both FMP and Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with both FMP and Ancestry

FMP are having 'technical issues' at the moment and many customers can't log in.

I tried Ancestry, and I can't download any images. When I click on Save to My Computer, nothing happens.

Just my luck when I have a rare free afternoon and wanted to tidy up a few twigs!
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

I've not had any problems today Yet!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
      FMP are having 'technical issues' at the moment and many customers can't log in.

I tried Ancestry, and I can't download any images. When I click on Save to My Computer, nothing happens.

Just my luck when I have a rare free afternoon and wanted to tidy up a few twigs!
      try restarting your computer, might it be you have updates to be done?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

It wasn't my computer, updates were installed yesterday and I had the same problem on my laptop which is still on Windows 7. FMP had a message on the login page about problems they were working on so that was definitely them.

Ancestry is OK now; must have just been a random glitch. I've seen similar before when images won't even display, but there is usually an error message.
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

FMP drive me mad. "We're having a few technical problems. We hope it does not inconvenience you"
          Hmmmm! Far too often and, yes it does inconvenience me. Why does it always happen whem I'm on a roll? Anyone would think I wasn't paying for this poor service.
          And while I'm having a rant ..... Why do I keep getting signed out of FMP? They sneakily wait until I have clicked search, then decide it's time for me to sign in again. Having signed in, am I taken to the search result? No!! Back to the home page to start all over again. Grrrrr. I tick the 'keep me signed in' box but it only lasts a few days. Ancestry never throw me out.

Rant over! Feel better for that LOL
          Anne

Comment

dont want to upset you Anne but they never ask me to sign in;)

Comment

Anne .............. FMP does the same thing to me. Keeps me signed in for 2 or maximum 3 days, then I have to sign back in.

I do try to remember to check whether it says "Welcome back, Sylvia" on the home page but I often forget .... and get that sneaky reminder AFTER I've clicked search!

BTW .......... there are I believe free military records on both sites from tomorrow
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Me too on the signing in thing. Never used to happen. Most frustrating. I've been plagued with the technical fault thingies on both sites for the past week as well. All my windows updates and security is up to date.

Comment

I also have to sign in to FMP, but it is every day (even though I have stay signed in ticked), so I just automatically do it now.
                  Devine in Ireland

Comment

Working...
                  X