Frustrating Foulds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating Foulds!

I have been trying [unsuccessfully] to find Tama/er Wain [nee Foulds] in the census;

here is what I know.

Tama/er Foulds b. abt 1800 at Long Whatton, Leicestershire. She married George Wain [!] 5th April 1829 Woodhouse, Leicestershire. I cannot find them in 1841, I believe that George dies in 1844 and Tamer marries again in 1853 to William Ward. I believe that she dies in 1857.

could any one else have a look to see if they could spot her at all please.

thank you in advance.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

What about Tamar Ward died March 1857 Barow on S 7a 89
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sorry, I just realised that you want them on a census.

Comment

thanks Chris, I'm still looking but not finding much at all :( I have the marriages and her baptism, but the paper trail after that is not being very forthcoming..grr
        Julie

Comment

Do you have baptisms for any children Julie?
          I haven't found anything in 1841 so far. There is a George Wain with a wife he calls Nanny and I wondered if that was just because she was a 'Nanny' but they are in Greasley. No George Wain/Wein etc with a wife that looks like Tamar/Tamer. I also looked under just Tamar/Tamer Wain/Wein but nothing at all.

Comment

Have you got her in 1851?

Comment

can only find two Tamers in 1841 one is a Holmes the other a Gutteridge but there are lots on 1841 with no transcriptions
              and one George Wain born 1801 with a wife Mary and a Daughter Elizabeth born 1829 ?
              Last edited by Guest; 09-11-16, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                Have you got her in 1851?
                in a word 'no'

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                can only find two Tamers in 1841 one is a Holmes the other a Gutteridge but there are lots on 1841 with no transcriptions
                and one George Wain born 1801 with a wife Mary and a Daughter Elizabeth born 1829 ?
                yep, welcome to my world!.. the 'lots on 1841 with no transcriptions' is interesting Val can you give me a link pls?
                Julie

Comment

there are too many Julie dont know about Ancestry though? I'ss if I can find hr in 1851 might give us a clue

Comment

thanks Val I can't spot anything likely on Ancestry :(
                    Julie

Comment

I've tried T*m*r and Tam* and *mer and *mar and *mes and *mas with sex as female all with and without birthdate 1800+/- 5 years and living in Leicestershire. I tried the mes and mas variations as I found Tames and Tamas and James as variations of Tamar. I even tried initials only and variations of all her known surnames.

Absolutely zilch results on 1851 on FMP and ancestry. Sorry, like you I can only find her Baptist church baptism and confirmations in civil indexes of her two marriages and death.

Are there known missing volumes for Leicestershire?
                      Last edited by GallowayLass; 09-11-16, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                        I've tried Tam* and *mer and *mar and *mes and *mas with sex as female all with and without birthdate 1800+/- 5 years and living in Leicestershire. I tried the mes and mas variations as I found Tames and Tamas and James as variations of Tamar.

Absolutely zilch results on 1851 on FMP and ancestry. Sorry, like you I can only find her Baptist church baptism and confirmations in civil indexes of her two marriages and death.
                        thanks Ann, it's like she's been swallowed up by a sinkhole! likewise for George Wain, I can't spot much for him either Except marriage and a death! I did follow the 'other' George Wain with Mary as wife but that didn't tally up with what I have already found.. flaming infuriating!
                        Julie

Comment

There is still this one I found earlier in your previous thread re Tamar - Her age is a bit out, and she is already saying she is married to William Ward, but the name could be Tamer, and there is a Foulds nephew. Have you managed to rule it out completely?

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/88...d=&usePUB=true

(Link to previous thread: https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...t=tamar+foulds Post no.224 onwards)
                          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

The same William (b. 1810 in Sherington, Bucks, Basket Maker) marries Adah Foulds in Jun 1857. They have 4 children, Amos b. 1858, Hepzibah 1863, Andrew, 1865 and Isaac 1867.
                            Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                              There is still this one I found earlier in your previous thread re Tamar - Her age is a bit out, and she is already saying she is married to William Ward, but the name could be Tamer, and there is a Foulds nephew. Have you managed to rule it out completely?

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/88...d=&usePUB=true

(Link to previous thread: https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...t=tamar+foulds Post no.224 onwards)
                              The same William (b. 1810 in Sherington, Bucks, Basket Maker) marries Adah Foulds in Jun 1857. They have 4 children, Amos b. 1858, Hepzibah 1863, Andrew, 1865 and Isaac 1867.
                              Thank you Linda! I hadn't seen that [or praps I had and forgot!] That certainly does look like her though!! need to go out now but i'll be back in abit [school run]
                              Julie

Comment

hmmn looking at it, it does look like it says Fanny... and I know that there is a William Ward that marries a Fanny and later a Adah Foulds!.. so that may be them.

back to the drawing board!
                                Julie

Comment

I can't see a Fanny Ward of the right age dying in Loughborough/Leicester area ? - checked under Fanny and Frances. Tamar's death reg in 1857 does have her as aged 46, which matches the entry for this one . I see the loop as the "l" from William and not a "y" from the name above, but that could just be me!

I've looked through all the 1841 census for Barrow-upon-Soar area and couldn't see anything to match George and Tamer Wain, either together or singly. However, the GRO has George as being 65 when he died in 1844 which makes him born about 1779. I wonder if this is him?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=1
                                  Linda

Comment

I can't see a Fanny Ward of the right age dying in Loughborough/Leicester area ? - checked under Fanny and Frances. Tamar's death reg in 1857 does have her as aged 46, which matches the entry for this one . I see the loop as the "l" from William and not a "y" from the name above, but that could just be me!

I've looked through all the 1841 census for Barrow-upon-Soar area and couldn't see anything to match George and Tamer Wain, either together or singly. However, the GRO has George as being 65 when he died in 1844 which makes him born about 1779. I wonder if this is him?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=1
                                    Thanks Linda, been looking till I have gone bog eyed!..

so, what do we conclude?

we have a Tamer that doesn't want to be found and a Fanny that we can't pinpoint a death for in order for William to marry again. I think I might need to contact the person that messaged me on Ancestry.

Re George, I really don't know how/what/where George came from I guess you found out his death age by the new index?
                                    Julie

Comment

Done the 1841 for Loughborough, with the same results as above unfortunately. However I was a little cross-eyed by the end so might have missed something. (Did like the entries for the House of Correction though - 3 Gaolers for 1 15 year old prisoner!)

Yes, the new index is proving very useful, even if, in my case, it showed me where I had gone hideously wrong.

How are you doing these days?
                                      Linda

Comment

I can't seem to copy and paste or have forgotten how to

There is a memorial on UK Find a Grave for what looks like the 65 year old George Wain who died May 1844

George Wain
                                        died 02 May 1844
                                        Buried All Saints Churchyard
                                        Newtown Linford
                                        Charnwood Borough
                                        Leicestershire

Unfortunately a shadow on the stonework and difficult to read

George is in the 1841 with

Sarah aged 55
                                        Elizabeth aged 25
                                        at Newtown Linford

Sarah is in the 1851 as a widow with one of her children (James)

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                        X