Morgan Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Thomas

Hi, I don't suppose anyone is up for a challenge?

Using the GRO system I thought I would try to work out the mystery of my 2x Great Grandmother's 1911 Census since it uses the Mother's Maiden Name.

It states 10 children born 5 still alive and 5 deceased. Knowing that she had a child before marriage and that her husband had 4 children before their marriage and that together they had 7 children I figured that she was only counting the ones that she herself had given birth to. I think I've narrowed it down but I've hit a snag.

I've found a Morgan Thomas born in 1875 but I cannot find anything further for this Morgan. No Census, marriages or deaths. However in 1873 there's a set of twins with the names of Morgan & Thomas. This Morgan Thomas died in 1875 aged 1 and he has a burial record. So now I'm wondering if there is an error somewhere and there's only ever been one Morgan.

1911- http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/s...iv=1&ml_rpos=1
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

What was your 2x Great Grandmother's maiden name? When did she marry and to whom? was it 1885? (It says married 26 years so the children born in the 1870's will be from a previous marriage?) Which 7 have you already got and dates?
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-11-16, 21:20.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Mary Chapman married Evan Thomas at some point between 1871 - 1881. I once had the marriage but it seems to have disappeared from the tree, I think it was Cardiff. She is down as his servant in 1871 with her child Alfred Chapman in the 1871 Census. No Father known. Also in that Census is Evan & Mary's first child together- Jacob who was born in 1870 and in the census he is noted as Chapman but all other documentation is Jacob Thomas.

The names in bold are the ones that I found using the new GRO system. I worked it out by putting a Surname, Mother's maiden and playing genders against every 2 years from 1869 to 1895 when Evan died. He had 4 children to a previous marriage.

Following on you have:
      Rachel-1872/1872 Stockton
      Thomas-1873/1873 Stockton
      Morgan-1873/1875 Stockton
      Morgan?-1875 Stockton
      Thomas-1878/1915 Middlesbrough
      Joseph-1880/1960 Middlesbrough
      Emily- 1883/1936 Middlesbrough
      Ada- 1885/1887 Middlesbrough

Comment

There is a death on freebmd

Deaths Jun 1880
        THOMAS Morgan 4 Middlesbro' 9d 368

edit:
        It's also on the new GRO website
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 06-11-16, 08:52.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you for the help in narrowing it down. I now seems to be inundated with twins galore.

Comment

Working...
          X