Online Irish Civil Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Irish Civil Records

Before the wonderful new irishgenealogy.ie website's Irish CivReg records went online, I remember (I think?) a website that made it possible to view them online for a small fee (but not to be copied).

I can't find the thread, and I can't find the website - can anyone help? Or does it even exist?
    Thanks!
    Sarah

Off the top of my head, I am not sure which site you mean, but if it existed it will be in here somewhere!!:

:0
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Was it rootsireland.ie ?, you have to register/log in to search

Comment

Could have been the GRONI website which works in a similar way to ScotlandsPeople. You paid 5 credits to view a certificate and as long as you hold 1 credit in your account to can search to your heart's content for no further fee. 1 credit is currently 50p.
        Certificates are viewable but not downloadable. It covers the what is now NI area of the island.

Last edited by GallowayLass; 01-11-16, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
          Could have been the GRONI website which works in a similar way to ScotlandsPeople. You paid 5 credits to view a certificate and as long as you hold 1 credit in your account to can search to your heart's content for no further fee. 1 credit is currently 50p.
          Certificates are viewable but not downloadable. It covers the what is now NI area of the island.

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk
          Yup, I think that's it. And even tho she's from Donegal, the marriage was in Belfast in 1877. I think we'll be able to find it.
          Thanks!

Comment

As its 1877 and therefore well before Partition, it will also be in the irishgenealogy.ie website. Unfortunately, images are not yet available for pre-1882 marriages and pre-1891 deaths, although they are working on this (no timescale for when it is expected to be complete). So if you can't wait, look for it on the GRONI website, image available, but only for 72 hours.
            I will PM you.
            Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 01-11-16, 17:06.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Yes, love the new irishgenealogy website, but most of the records that I need are without images! Hoping they add more soon - does anyone know of plans?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                Yes, love the new irishgenealogy website, but most of the records that I need are without images! Hoping they add more soon - does anyone know of plans?
                They are definitely working on adding the earlier images as per my post 6 above, it's just a question of waiting....
                Christine
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

My relative died in 1890, so I must be patient waiting for the image.
                  Joy

Comment

I just hope there's money in someone's budget to make it happen, vs. waiting for money to be allocated!

Comment

Working...
                    X