• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find her in 1871 and 1881

Mary Charlotte Knight born 2 Oct 1859 Bermondsey
    Parents George William Knight and Mary both died in 1865

am almost sure this is her in 1891

she was released from The Bermondsey Workhouse in 1867 we think to her Sister Frances but she isn't with her or any of her siblings

Think I have her in 1901 1911 and her death

Thanks

Val .... could this be her???

It's a place called "The Orphanage"

1871 Census

Name: Charlotte Knight
    Estimated birth year: abt 1859
    Relation: Scholar
    Where born: London, England
    Civil Parish: Kensington
    Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Abbotts
    County/Island: London
    Registration district: Kensington

Address:- The Orphanage, Vicarage Place
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

thats interesting Sylvia will have a look at that thanks

Comment

I can't see anything in 1881 though
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

if I have the right one she calls herself Mary in 1891 1901 and 1911 so maybe she is in 1881

Comment

I tried Mary Knight, Charlotte Knight, Mary *night, Charlotte *night, and Charlot* ............. nada

Comment

nor is there anything under m c k ......... just in case she was in an institution.

Comment

looking on findmypast

This one ?????????????

1881 Census

Knight
                Mary

1881 England, Wales & Scotland Census
                Streatham, Wandsworth, London, England

Born London, Middlesex

Nurse to the Passmore family

Fred R Passmore 1844 Chemist Falmouth, Cornwall, England
                Emily Passmore 1848 - India

Haven't looked on ancestry ........... and I have to go get ready to go out!

Comment

thanks a bunch for looking Sylvia going anywhere nice ?

Comment

hi .............

no, just out for afternoon coffee, but I had to get out of my "slopping around" clothes into "fit to be seen" ones :D

Comment

I love slopping around as you put it, my husband despairs of me ,his eyes roll into his head when he sees some of the things I wear.

Comment

:D

same here!

Comment

I found a likely probate record for her she died at the address she is at in 1911 and it says spinster . I'm wondering if its worth sending for the cert as doubt it will prove its her.

Comment

Val is this the one who returned to the Workhouse in 1868? and whilst there previously with sibs recorded as Mary Ann. If so I wondered about this one

dob is out

1871 Census

Mary Ann Knight b 1861
                            from St Olaves, Surrey
                            Sth Met District School
                            Sutton
                            Surrey

Vera

Comment

hi Vera and thanks for looking, not too sure about that one but its a likely possibility thanks will have a look at her.

Comment

That Mary Ann Knight was discharged to a Mrs Ba**ick, 93 Jamaica Road, Bermondsey on the 5th Jun 1875

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                X