Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgina May Witney

Hello,

I would much appreciate it if anyone can locate the whereabouts of Georgina May Witney (born 5th August 1882 at Cheetham, Lancashire) in 1911.

In 1901 Georgina Witney was living at 38 Ellesmere Street, Crumpsall with her parents (Matthew and Emily), sister and brother.

In 1911 Matthew, Emily and Georgina's sister and brother were living at 16 William Street, Cheetham Hill but Georgina (who by this year would have been about 28 years of age) was not living with them.

I have unsuccessfully tried to find where Georgina was in 1911.

On 27th September 1918 Georgina gave birth to a daughter (who was then adopted), Georgina's address at this time was 49a Shaw Heath (probably Stockport) and her occupation was a domestic servant.

Any advice or help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards
    Giddysue

Georgania Whitney is the Ancestry transcription.....http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...off=&ml_rpos=7
    Rick

Comment

You have to chuckle at some of the mis-transcriptions. Under the personal occupation of the wife/head has been written 'husband away from home'. They have transcribed it as 'Thesbord Adopted Per Knre' :D
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-10-16, 08:04.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Rick,

I had tried this connection but disregarded it as it appeared she was the daughter of the family who were travelling in 1894. I noted she was not listed as daughter but her profession was 'none' and her age stated to be 16.

I feel this a possibility but not a probability as Georgina was with her family (father Matthew and mother Emily in both 1891 and 1901).

I will certainly keep these details in mind but ................

Kind regards
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Giddysue View Post
          Thanks Rick,

I had tried this connection but disregarded it as it appeared she was the daughter of the family who were travelling in 1894. I noted she was not listed as daughter but her profession was 'none' and her age stated to be 16.

I feel this a possibility but not a probability as Georgina was with her family (father Matthew and mother Emily in both 1891 and 1901).

I will certainly keep these details in mind but ................

Kind regards
          Sue
          Not quite sure what you mean - she is a servant and aged 28, not 16 and was in service to a family on Cheetham Hill. Looks nailed-on to me.
          Last edited by Rick; 27-10-16, 22:50. Reason: More info
          Rick

Comment

I agree with Rick. I stopped looking because I am so convinced he has found her.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I agree with Rick. I stopped looking because I am so convinced he has found her.
              ditto
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

yep looks clear cut to me too.

Sue, what evidence do you have to the contrary that this isn't her?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Looks spot on to me too!
                  Margaret

Comment

So, so sorry Rick and everyone ....

I must have had a 'senior moment' and clicked on the wrong entry (for some reason I found immigration and travel)!!! Oh dear, oh dear I'd certainly lost the plot ...

Of course this is the correct person, many thanks to you all for your advice and help.

Kindest regards
                    Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X