2 spouses and descendants tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 spouses and descendants tree

My chap is widowed with two kids. He marries again - I find the chap, add spouse and enter the information including five more kids.
    Why is it that in the descendants tree it only shows the first marriage and the two kids? Have I messed up some setting? Thanks in advance.

What program or website have you entered the information on?
    Does it need refreshing to update it?
    Are you certain you have chosen the right chap? I have quite a lot of people with the same name in my tree and its easy to mix them up!
    Anne

Comment

Thanks for your prompt assistance, Anne.
      I am working on the della Rovere family of the Renaissance (Pope Julius II, for example) and this is a chap who married the daughter of King Ferdinand I of Naples and had two kids. The wife died and he remarried into the della Rovere family and had five kids by this second wife. He is the only one, so far, at least, with the name of Gian Giordano Orsini so, yes, I did enter the info against the proper person. I went through all the menus and subs and found no setting that seemed to effect this.

The strange thing is that I have finished (perhaps) the de Medici family of the same era and all spouses are shown with all their brats. One de Medici chap was married three times with kids and also had a mistress which bore him a son. All are shown in the descendants tree even the mistress.

Comment

Most decent Family History programs allow you to have multiple spouses, and separate lists of children from each marriage. But they won't normally let you display more than one family line at once. You can attach children to more than one marriage (e.g. as step-children).
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X