No announcement yet.

County Court Marriage Certificate (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Marriage Certificate (USA)

Has anybody ever obtained a marriage certificate from the local County Court 'records office' in Kentucky USA over the internet ?

And... if so how did you go about it, from what I can see it all seems to be either a visit there or snail mail with a cheque drawn on a US $ bank.
    Any help or advice would be great.
    DGJay

US vital records are tough. Records are usually held at the county level - you can find out from the county clerk's website how to retrieve records.

Some KY records are online, I think. What year - or decade? Have you looked on Ancestry or FamilySearch?

Finally - sometimes a newspaper may have a short announcement or even a longer write up in a smaller town. What city or town did they marry?

Sarah

Comment

Sarah

This is where the 'unfortunately' bit starts,
      Unfortunately this marriage was in 1951 (approx) just seven years too early for the 1958 records. I believe it was in Jefferson County, Kentucky, and as they lived in Louisville I would think that a good possibility for the town.
      I cannot find anything on either Ancestry or Familysearch for 1951.

Looking at https://www.jeffersoncountyclerk.org...icense-faq.asp at the bottom of the page, I am back to the $ cheque in the mail or a personal visit.

Dave
      DGJay

Comment

Working...
      X