Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice McNamara

Hi
    I amy have done an earlier post incorrectly...
    My brother in law is looking to go back in his tree, His Mother Alice McNamara was born in Liverpool on January 7th 1925, has he was put into Barnardos, he does have his papers from there... This tells him of his mother and he would like to try and find more and possibly go back further... I can only see one Alice born in Liverpool on this date, can others confirm this with me and there is no mention of his father, but two names are mentioned , one is only by the surname "Keating" and the other is William Thwaite who ALice went onto marry, can not find any marriage regarding Keating...Can someone tell me if Alice may have been born in Ireland, don't know why !

Do you know if Alice McNamara is deceased as we do not allow the names of living people to be posted on the forum.
    Elaine

Comment

Yes Alice is decesased

Comment

Originally posted by scouse007 View Post
        Yes Alice is decesased
        Thanks.

What's the source of Alice's date of birth?
        Elaine

Comment

Looks like she was born in Liverpool 1925 - Jan, Feb, Mar as on Familysearch. What was her death year please, Scouse.
          Jacky

Comment

Presume this is the birth entry you found .. which does appear as if she was illegitimate.
            Births Mar 1925
            McNamara Alice (MMN McNamara )
            Liverpool 8b 137

If it is, why do you think Alice may have been born in Ireland?
            Elaine

Comment

There is a Thomas Keating marrying Alice McNamara in Liverpool West Derby in March 1929
              Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                There is a Thomas Keating marrying Alice McNamara in Liverpool West Derby in March 1929
                That shows on the index as Thomas Keating / Ellen McNamara ??
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  That shows on the index as Thomas Keating / Ellen McNamara ??
                  Yes, I did mean to write that Elaine, sorry my mistake.
                  Jacky

Comment

There are a couple of trees on Ancestry which include Thomas Keating & Ellen McNamara. Interestingly the name they have given the tree includes the name Thwaite.

On this tree Alice is shown as the daughter of Ellen (father unknown) - with a marriage to William Thwaite on 24 Sept 1956, Liverpool.

William Thwaite / Alice Mcnamara
                    Marriage Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1956
                    Registration district: Liverpool
                    Volume Number: 10d
                    Page Number: 1286
                    Elaine

Comment

good morning - Woolton and Garston - 2 areas of Liverpool with McNamara in my familytree . Woolton is 2 miles from Garston..
                      Denis McNamara b 1873 Edge Hill ,Liverpool .....married Zipporah Williamson - children
                      Denis 1906
                      Veronica 1909
                      Margaret 1912

can you ask if any of these names ring a bell - if so we may have a connection somewhere along the line .... good start to my day - a possible fambo...lol ;)
                      Last edited by garstonite; 05-10-16, 07:05.
                      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Scouseboy - my Denis McNamara b Woolton 1873 in 1881 census
                        take a look at his sister 2 years older ....hmmmm I wonder - I don't think Alice b 1925 is her daughter - but could it be her granddaughter ???

Patrick Mc Namara Head M 38 Ireland
                        Bridget Mc Namara Wife F 38 Ireland
                        Sarah Mc Namara Daughter F 14 Woolton, Lancashire, England
                        Ann Mc Namara Daughter F 12 Woolton, Lancashire, England
                        Ellen Mc Namara Daughter F 10 Woolton, Lancashire, England
                        Dennis Mc Namara Son M 8 Woolton, Lancashire,

apologies for putting Edge Hill as the place of birth for Denis - he and Zipporah moved out of Garston to Edge Hill to live ....that's were I got confused ...silly sausage :o
                        Last edited by garstonite; 05-10-16, 07:18.
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
                        X