So thrilled, I have to share it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So thrilled, I have to share it!

Back in 2014 I made contact with another living Curtin Descendant on Ancestry. We swapped what little information either of us had, but couldn't find a connection. He had a Bartholomew Curtin in his family tree and so did I, a brother of my uncle Tom Curtin whe married Dinah my Mum's sister.

We made contact again just a couple of weeks ago to see if we had made any progress on the Curtin family. I decide to give him a name and address out of my late Aunty Dinah's Address book. "Mrs B. Curtin 'Hillgrove' 189 Swords Road Whitehall Dublin." This was Bartholomew Curtin and his wife Elizabeth aka Betty's new home that as a young man he 'helped' to build! However, we still didn't know what the connection was between my Aunty Dinah's husband's family and his. I knew that my uncle Tom' Father was also Thomas and they were both Carpenters

1901 Ireland Census
    Residents of a house 9.2 in Church Street (Caher, Kerry)

Thomas Curtin 28 Head RC Co. Kerry Carpenter
    Catherine Curtin 35 Wife RC Co. Kerry Housekeeper
    John Curtin 6 son RC Co. Kerry
    Mararet Mary Curtin 5 dau RC Co. Kerry
    Thomas Curtin 3 son, RC Co. Kerry
    Michael Curtin 1 RC

1911 Ireland Census
    Residents of a house 44 in William Street (Listowel Urban, Kerry)

Mary Curtin 53 Head RC, Co. Limerick, House Keeping Widow
    Katherine Curtin 20 Dau RC, Co. Limerick, Domestic Servant, Not Married
    Margaret Curtin 26 dau RC, Co. Limerick, Domestic Servant, Not Married
    Thomas Curtin 18 Son RC, Listowel, Co. Kerry Carpenter Unemployed.

My contact's Curtin family also lived in Co. Limerick as well as Listowel Co. Kerry. We now have proof that his Grandfather was John Curtin born Listowel, 1864-1933, the eldest of 11 children, who married Ellen Chute. My uncle Tom's father, Thomas Curtin born 1882 Listowel, is the yougest sibling of John Curtin.

Foud a lot of Birth Certificate details on line now too, which is Absolutely Fabulous!;D
    teresa

isn't that great so pleased for you its lovely when that happens unlike what happened to me last week
    I wrote to who I thought was a rellie she rang me immediately and I was thrilled, we had a lovely long chat with her telling me lots about the family but as the conversation went on my heart sank, after she rang off I investigated further and she is nothing to do with me, I felt awful ringing her to tell her that.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      isn't that great so pleased for you its lovely when that happens unlike what happened to me last week
      I wrote to who I thought was a rellie she rang me immediately and I was thrilled, we had a lovely long chat with her telling me lots about the family but as the conversation went on my heart sank, after she rang off I investigated further and she is nothing to do with me, I felt awful ringing her to tell her that.
      Oh what a shame for you both. :(
      teresa

Comment

yes funny thing is I know she is still alive and has a fairly unusual name and there is only one on the electoral roll with that name ? but it isn't her , yet she is about the same age as the one I am looking for.

Comment

what great news Teresa well done!
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X