Ancestry Tree War records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Tree War records

I just noticed a symbol of a medal under my uncles name so clicked on it to find all his war records which I have added to the tree fair enough, but the Flag above is the American one
    Not Happy

My grandfather's profile has his WWI stuff on it (added years ago), but there's no symbol :(

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

This is what it looks likeUNCLE.JPG

Comment

I've not seen one of those. Whereabouts is it on the tree? Where is the American flag?
        Anne

Comment

Hmmm, haven't got any like that.
          Anne

Comment

I have been looking through the others in my tree but not come across any like that, must say I love the way the records are all on the same page.

Comment

I have not been a member of ancestry.co.uk since it changed its format and I began to feel it was THEIR Tree, not mine. Yesterday I spent all day going through old, handwritten, bmd records online looking for James Rowland who it is now thought was born in Stamford, Lincolnshire (Stamford Baron also had to be searched and is in Peterborough as the town is divided by a river). Although I didn't find "my man", I did find a lot of folk who are connnected to him - I duly put them on my Tree. Today I looked at the "Facts" page of ancestry and my research has been consolidated as follows:

Robert ROWLAND was born on February 11, 1730, in Peterborough, Northamptonshire. He had three sons and one daughter with Mary Ann. He died on October 6, 1730, in Peterborough, Northamptonshire, within a year of his birth.

I found the above a really useful comment!! Sue

Comment

just shows you need to double check everything, but dont they get their facts from peoples trees?

Comment

I agree with Val. I think you need to check what you have put on your tree Sue. I'm not certain but I think they devise the time line from the information on your tree.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sue 'they' haven't done that. It is just computer generated from the info on your tree. Even programs on your own computer will do those 'sentence' summaries. Personally I never look at them as I find such summaries trite.
                    Anne

Comment

Working...
                    X