robert/benjamin whitehead in cork again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert/benjamin whitehead in cork again

thank you for the marriage certificate for robert whitehead. i have now found this .
    a benjamin married margaret sullivan where as robert married a margaret donovan.
    now margaret was born margaret o,donoghue parents andrew donoghue and margaret fallon. she was born in dublin before the family moved to cork.she was born in 1879. on her marriage to robert she states her father was andrew donovan .
    i have being told because benjamin joseph was in army barracks at the time of the census 1901 and 1911 he would only show on army records . he was at Ballincollig barracks cork is there any chance somebody could check the census for the army there please to see if he was there. thank you.

The 1908 Cork marriage of Robert Whitehead, Soldier, address Cork Barracks, father Benjamin (Dec) Carpenrer was to a Margaret Sullivan who was a widow. Her father was Andrew Donovan. I would think that Margaret's maiden name was Donovan.

When did Benjamin marry Margaret Sullivan?

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 27-09-16, 22:24.

Comment

In the 1911 Irish Census

Robert Whitehead 34 CofE born England - Groom
      Margaret " 32 RC born Dublin

Married 3 years - no children

living House 16.2 Military Road, Cork

Vera

Comment

This in the 1911 census of Ballincollig Barracks. The names are initialled but I cant see a W, B

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 27-09-16, 23:19.

Comment

This is the census for 1901 Ballincollig Barracks. Can't see a W, B. Not sure the the RA were in barracks in 1901. It looks to be The Lancers on the Image but I cant get onto subsequent pages

Vera

Comment

thank you vera. i have had a look and it is the lancers , so benjamin henry is not at that barracks . have to try victoria barracks next i think, thank you for looking for me.

Comment

I was looking for Benjamin J??

It looks like it was only the 4th borderers in the Victoria Barracks in 1901

Vera

Comment

Working...
              X