X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry RE Register

got this email from them

Family Tree Maker has a new publisher

Ancestry’s Family Tree Maker was recently acquired by Software MacKiev – the people behind the Mac version for the past six years.

They already know Family Tree Maker inside out and are now developing new Mac and Windows editions. As you continue to use Family Tree Maker, you’ll find everything that links Ancestry.co.uk and your own tree stays consistent. And you’ll still be able to search Ancestry.co.uk and receive “shaky leaf” hints.

Transferring your registration

We’ve passed the registration information for most current users to Software MacKiev. But due to European privacy laws, we were not able to do so in your case.

If you would like to receive news about Family Tree Maker as well as free updates and discounted upgrades from Software MacKiev then it’s easy to re‑register.

RE-REGISTER NOW

What do they mean about European privacy laws ?

I've just had this e-mail as well. Wondering if it is an American Company that has taken over FTM.

Can you re-register even if you are no longer a member of Ancestry?
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

ooh I dont know Lin are you going to try ?

Comment

Just done it. Nothing to do with Ancestry really. It said Ancestry.com couldn't give out the info.

Give it a go Val.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Just in case anyone is worried as to whether this is legit, the following was posted today on Facebook by Jack Minsky - President of Software MacKiev (based in Boston USA)

Yes, that's absolutely legitimate. We received registration information for all Family Tree Maker users when we took over from Ancestry as the publisher except for those living in Europe, where European privacy laws prevented Ancestry from transferring them to us. Registering using the link in the email will allow us to keep you up to date on what's happening with Family Tree Maker, and to provide you the same discounted upgrade offers that the rest of world is receiving. We are really looking forward to finally being in touch with the many FTM users in Europe!
          Elaine

Comment

thanks both shall re register then

Comment

Basically, because of the Data Protection Act. No data on a person in the EU can be transferred to a non-EU country.
              So the new American company needs all FTM users in Europe to manually register with them if they want to be kept up to date on the new software that they are developing in conjunction with Ancestry.

Nothing at all to worry about and even if your Ancestry subscription has expired, they are looking at the FTM software users and so you should still register with them that you are a FTM user

:-)

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I've not received any e-mail
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

maybe better ask them Wendy ?

Comment

Here's the registration page on their website for anyone who has not recently registered or who has not received the email.
                    Elaine

Comment

I had no email either but registered last night and all OK
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I didn't get the email but have now registered. I think I updated to FTM 2014 by download.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                        X