Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deceased online sub

Does anybody think £89 a year is a lot to pay for this

Depends very much on how much use one would make of it - good value if you have a lot of relatives to "kill off" in areas Deceased Online has coverage of/will be covering in the next year, not such good value if you only want to search for a few people and can find them in a shorter period of time..
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

mmm suppose you are right Judith, I reckon if I work it out I must spend not far off that in credits, but because its little and often it does not seem so bad.

Comment

I've got a sub and have certainly had my money's worth out of it. Just lucky that it covers areas which I am interested in.
        Elaine

Comment

Less than £2 per week! Doesn't seem so bad if you think of it that way. A Sunday paper cost nearly that much these days!

Punchs mum

Comment

if you're not sure why not wait until they have a promotional offer?
            Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
              if you're not sure why not wait until they have a promotional offer?
              I've never seen a promotional offer on their annual sub. They do sometimes have offers on credits.
              Elaine

Comment

I haven't used this resource. Just been having a look at the coverage, which seems quite extensive. Could some users describe when and why they might use it rather than records at FreeBMD, Ancestry or FMP, please. What are the advantages? ie ..... what do you get for your money! LOL
                Anne

Comment

I had one that finished earlier on this year. Certainly had my monies worth out of it.

My lot are mostly Nottingham and Lincoln which is covered and a few strays in London.

It is very surprising who is buried together sometimes. I took advantage of the ref page and who was in the grave and at the end of the year it worked out about 15 per look up.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    I haven't used this resource. Just been having a look at the coverage, which seems quite extensive. Could some users describe when and why they might use it rather than records at FreeBMD, Ancestry or FMP, please. What are the advantages? ie ..... what do you get for your money! LOL
                    Anne
                    I've found it particularly useful for my one name study - there are 76 burial entries for the surname.

You can do a free search of the site and the sort of information you would get is:
                    Nathaniel Frederick Dettmer buried on 8 July 1901 Brockley Cemetery, Lewisham.

The additional records available via the sub are:

Interment details which gives
                    • grave reference
                    • names of the people buried in the grave (very useful if it's a family grave, but obviously not so useful for a communal grave)

Burial Register which in this instance gives
                    • name of person buried
                    • description of person buried, e.g. spinster, widow, daughter of xxx, wife of yyy etc. and/or occupation
                    • date of burial
                    • what type of ground, e.g. Con/uncon
                    • place of burial, i.e. plot no.
                    • by whom ceremony performed
                    • other remarks.

Burial registers can vary - this one gives more information than others which may just have name/date of burial/ place of death/ age.

Also available on the website is a map of grave location (not sure if this is available for all entries) but there is an additional cost of £2.50 (not included in the subscription).
                    Elaine

Comment

I dont seem to find many of mine for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        I dont seem to find many of mine for some reason
                        The coverage is still very limited, Val. I am quite lucky with some of the London/Middx cemeteries.
                        Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. I will bear it in mind. My main areas are Bedfordshire, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire so not sure I'd get much.
                          Anne

Comment

thats why I think its expensive if I had lots on there would be good.

Comment

Working...
                            X