Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Leciester : online collection: Historical Directories of England & Wale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Leciester : online collection: Historical Directories of England & Wale

I'm not sure if this is already known by the group

"A collection of digitised trade directories, part of the University of Leicester's Special Collections Online, covering England and Wales from the 1760s to the 1910s. "

You can search online, or even download ad searchable PDFs, includes many Kellys Directories

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Thanks Trevor.
    They withdrew this a couple of years ago so it's nice to see it back online despite having to wade through treacle to find anything in them
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I spent hours on this site at one time then it changed and got so hard to navigate. Will have another look at it. Found some really interesting info
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I download the actual PDF files and search them from my laptop itself.
        Far better

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
        X