Information on Harry or Harold Lunn please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Harry or Harold Lunn please

Born in 1910/11 in West Bromwich, to Harold and Sarah, and uncle to me.

He had brothers Arthur 1916 and Cyril. sister Joan.

Any information gratefully received and especially names of children and spouse.

Thankyou.

It might just be me but......

The only Arthur Nunn born in the vicinity in 1916 is Kings Norton, but MMN Lunn.
    Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
      It might just be me but......

The only Arthur Nunn born in the vicinity in 1916 is Kings Norton, but MMN Lunn.
      Thanks for looking JBB, I was really hoping for information on Harry Lunn born 1910, I assumed it was West Bromwich. His brother (my father) Arthur Lunn was born in Hitchin in 1916, possibly the nearest hospital to a army base, their father was in the Royal Tank Corps, perhaps Harry Lunn was also born in Hitchin.

Comment

Can't see anything based on the info you have given.
        Do you know if the siblings (Arthur/Cyril/Joan) were older or younger than Harry/Harold?
        Do you know when/where any of the people you have mentioned died - if so can you work back from the death registration to get some idea of date/year of birth?
        Elaine

Comment

Is this the birth registration for your father?
          Births Sep 1916
          Lunn Arthur H
          Mother's maiden name: Hough
          Hitchin 3a 1432
          Elaine

Comment

.. and a possible marriage registration for your grandparents?
            Marriages Mar 1911
            Hough Sarah A
            Lunn Harry
            Stafford 6b 37

.. and birth registration for Harry
            Births Dec 1911
            Lunn Harry A
            MMN Hough
            Stafford 6b 1
            Elaine

Comment

There are a number of births with the surname LUNN and mother's maidnen name of HOUGH - not sure if these are all yours

Births Dec 1914
              LUNN Marjorie M - Hough - Stafford 6b 4

Births Sep 1916
              Lunn Arthur H - Hough - Hitchin 3a 1432

Births Sep 1918
              Lunn .... - Hough - Stafford 6B 2??
              Lunn .... - Hough - Stafford 6b 20

Births Jun 1922
              Lunn .... - Hough - Stafford 6b 14

Births Jun 1924
              Lunn .... - Hough - Stafford 6b 13

Births Dec 1925
              Lunn .... - Hough - Stafford 6b 23

Edit - have removed some of the names as they could relate to living people.
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 20-09-16, 10:28. Reason: removed details of possible living people.
              Elaine

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which shows that Harry Lunn married Winnie Florence Elkins and had 5 children. I can't post any details here as they might still be living but if you search freeBMD for births, using the surname Lunn and mother's maiden name Elkins, they should show up.
                Elaine

Comment

That is remarkable, thank you very much Elaine. I didn't even know of Olive, Alan, Morris or Marjorie.

Really appreciate your taking the time for this, Thank you.

Comment

Just to add - his great grandfather was my gg grandfather William Lunn (b1822) who was a tailor in Uttoxeter. My Lunn knowledge before that is a little murky - can't find William's father while his mother Frances married John Wood, a tailor, in Uttoxeter in 1823.

Comment

Originally posted by julite View Post
                      Just to add - his great grandfather was my gg grandfather William Lunn (b1822) who was a tailor in Uttoxeter. My Lunn knowledge before that is a little murky - can't find William's father while his mother Frances married John Wood, a tailor, in Uttoxeter in 1823.
                      We may have a different branch Julite. I have the father of Harry being Arthur Lunn born 1885, his father was Thomas Lunn born 1847 and a glassworker in Oldbury. Father of Thomas was Samuel Lunn born 1819, also a glassworker. All living at the same address in Scotch Row Oldbury which was a cottage owned by Chances Glass Works.

I have a tree going back to 1550 but no Williams and all Worcestshire based.

Comment

Working...
                      X