Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Lookup Please.

Hiya

I'd be really grateful for some help please. I'm looking for Florence Johnson b 1884 living in Parron Street, Liverpool with husband William. I don't have a sub and would like to see if my Dad was with his mum, she died just after this census.

Much Appreciated!
    Jacky

are you sure she is in Parron Street ? as I searched under the address there were quite a few hits but no Florence or William Johnson on any of them ,so I searched under her name and rough date of birth they aren't in that Street.

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

Hiya Val, Thanks for looking for me. I am looking on FMP and typed in her name and birth year, it says she is living with William and another person in the household, I was hoping this other person was my Dad. Not sure if you are looking on Ancestry....I had a look there and couldn't find them either.
        Jacky

Comment

I'm looking on FMP
          the one I looked at was with a William born 1878 dock labourer ??

Comment

have sent you another pm

Comment

Aww, I thought this would have been my Grandmother but the other person doesn't fit in....she had 4 children and I was wandering where they went to.
              Jacky

Comment

Have pm-ed you Val...and thanks for your help!
                Jacky

Comment

YAY...Val has found my Dads elder sister (now deceased) on the census....I now have an address to research!!!

Thanks to Val....your a Gem!
                  Last edited by Tilly Mint; 18-09-16, 19:38. Reason: add
                  Jacky

Comment

according to a tree on ancestry Florence died in Dec 1938 at 16 Parron Street ? so would not be on 1939 :(
                    Last edited by Guest; 18-09-16, 19:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      according to a tree on ancestry Florence died in Dec 1938 at 16 Parron Street ? so would not be on 1939 :(
                      Sorry Val, my mistake, just looked at the death cert and it was 1938 with William dying in Sept 1939 in Bedford street north Liverpool...got them mixed up...doh!
                      Jacky

Comment

the 1939 census was taken 29 Sep so maybe William had died by then ?

Comment

Just had a look at his d cert and he died 22nd September, he died in hospital. His sister Maria Stinchcombe from Arden near Birmingham was the informant. I should imagine he was in hospital at the time....looks like I will never find out what my dad was up to until he joined the army

Thanks for that Val, I didn't know when the census was taken, and many thanks for the help you have kindly given me with this.
                          Last edited by Tilly Mint; 18-09-16, 21:24. Reason: I
                          Jacky

Comment

what a shame he died then and not a bit later, I will have a look at the others on and off.

Comment

Just as an aside to this, I found that the person I was looking for died on the very day the 1939 register was taken. His wife's status has M cossed out and W inserted. How sad.
                              Anne

Comment

am I missing something ? he was born in 1926 so when did he join the army ?

That is sad Anne
                                Last edited by Guest; 18-09-16, 22:13.

Comment

I don't have his army records to hand at present Val but he had just joined when my he met my Mam approx 1948. So from the age of around 12 yrs of age and until he joins up, I have no idea who brought him up or where he was.....

Aww....that is very sad, Anne
                                  Jacky

Comment

I am confused whats new ? thought you said he died in Sept 1939 ??

Comment

It was my Dad William who joined up c1948....his Dad William was a sugar refiner and he died in 1939. I was looking for my Dads parents to see if my Dad was with them but he couldn't have been.
                                      Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                                        Just had a look at his d cert and he died 22nd September, he died in hospital. His sister Maria Stinchcombe from Arden near Birmingham was the informant. I should imagine he was in hospital at the time....looks like I will never find out what my dad was up to until he joined the army

Thanks for that Val, I didn't know when the census was taken, and many thanks for the help you have kindly given me with this.
                                        It looks like Maria Stinchcombe is back home by the time the 1939 register was taken.
                                        Grey Store Marsh Lane , Meriden R.D., Warwickshire, England
                                        Maria Stinchcombe 29 Jul 1872 Unpaid Domestic Duties
                                        Arthur Stinchcombe 06 Apr 1901 Millwrights Assistant Car Heavy Worker
                                        Margaret A Chapman (Stinchcombe) 07 Apr 1907 Purchase Ledger Clerk Installation Elec Engin?
                                        Esther Johnson 19 May 1873 Unpaid Domestic Duties

There are also two closed records for this household. I suppose it's a possibility that they might be two of the Johnson children. (You mentioned in post 7 that there were 4 Johnson children including your dad.)
                                        Perhaps you could post names and exact dates of birth (if known) of the others - provided they are no longer living, of course.

Christine
                                        Researching:
                                        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
                                        X