Ireland Calendar of Wills-meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland Calendar of Wills-meaning

I have noticed that under the heading of "Registry" is the name of the County which Family Search describes as "the event place". However many entries just have the word "Principal" under this heading. What does this mean?
    F

Originally posted by fran View Post
    I have noticed that under the heading of "Registry" is the name of the County which Family Search describes as "the event place". However many entries just have the word "Principal" under this heading. What does this mean?
    F
    It means probate or admin was granted at the Principal Registry in Dublin.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you very much.

F.

Comment

You could apply for probate to a number of regional offices around Ireland. (Eg Belfast, Armagh, Cork, Limerick & Londonderry). Head Office, or the Principal Registry was in Dublin.
        Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thank you Elwyn.
          F

Comment

Working...
          X