Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lylal Bartlett

Hi all
    I have tried all forums on this plus looked up Ancestry and Myheritage so who knows ? maybe someone on here may be able to help.

Lylal Bartlett Born 1911 in South Ealing. This Gt Uncle of mine did exist as he was on the 1911 Census with his Parents Walter Sidney Bartlett and Sarah Clack living at 104 Murray Road Ealing Middlesex. Lylal was 4 months old at the time. For the past 3 months i have been trying to find a Birth or Death Certificate to no avail. The earliest London Electoral result i can find is in 1926 but he is not on that which makes him 15/16 in that year. Even if he was dead there should be a Death for him but nothing. While looking around in case he moved out to work as a Servant (not unsual then) i could not even find the name Lylal anywhere. This is what i would call a real stumbling block !. Anyone help ?????
    Jonboy

Looking at the 1911 census are you sure that the first letter of the name is L.
    If you look at the occupation column there is a Shop Lad - where the L looks different.
    Elaine

Comment

Looks more like a C at the start of the first name - middle name starting with a G.
      A birth in Ealing would have been registered in Brentford.

This is the closest I can come up with - might be worth trying to eliminate it.
      George C Bartlett
      1910 Oct-Nov-Dec
      Brentford Middlesex
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by john.nicholls View Post
        The earliest London Electoral result i can find is in 1926 but he is not on that which makes him 15/16 in that year.
        I don't think you will find him on an ER until he is 21 years of age.
        Elaine

Comment

Haven't found his birth, but I'm sure the first name is intended to be Cyril. Cyril George Bartlett is at the same address as in the 1911 census in the 1935 Electoral Register: http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/17...nSearchResults

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Didn't see your post, Scuda .. but thinking along the same lines!
            Elaine

Comment

A possible death registration:
              Cyril George Bartlett
              Birth Date: 10 Nov 1910
              Date of Registration: Jun 1969
              Hounslow
              Volume: 5c
              Page: 1186
              Elaine

Comment

Oh my God !!! why did i not see that it has to be Cyril im not concetrating properly as i saw a Cyril on a Electoral result but thought he was a visiting family cousin or something, strangely enough this was last week and when i looked at my Tree there was no Cyril, i should have clocked that then, i have just smacked my hand. Thanks Skuda and Elaine you have made an old man very happy.
                Jonboy

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  A possible death registration:
                  Cyril George Bartlett
                  Birth Date: 10 Nov 1910
                  Date of Registration: Jun 1969
                  Hounslow
                  Volume: 5c
                  Page: 1186
                  This may be a red herring - the DOB doesn't quite tally but the 1939 register has a Cyril Bartlett b 19 Nov 1910, sergeant pilot RAF, with wife Lilian I Bartlett, at Mark 3, Palmerston Way, Gosport.
                  In which case, I think this may be the relevant marriage:
                  Q1 1936 Portsmouth 2b/976 Cyril Bartlett and Lilian I Rutherford.

Christine
                  Last edited by Karamazov; 17-09-16, 22:51.
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I meant to add above but was timed out:
                    104 Murray Road in 1939
                    Reginald F Bartlett, married, b 20 Dec 1913, Ealing Council labourer, heavy worker
                    Grace Bartlett, married, b 16 Sep 1906, unpaid domestic duties
                    Sarah Bartlett, widow, b 15 Jun 1867, unpaid domestic duties. The original DOB has an annotation above saying 15.6.68 and then what looks like ?VR37A/BCA/15.6.48

Christine
                    Last edited by Karamazov; 17-09-16, 23:03.
                    Researching:
                    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

The Sarah Bartlett is my Gt Nanny Sarah this was her and my Gt Grandads house he sadly died in 1928 aged 60, as a child we used to visit 104 Murray road to visit aunts and uncles they all seemed to have lived there one time or another, i remember uncle Reginald when he was living there. Thanks for all the help you have given me on this.
                      Jonboy

Comment

Working...
                      X