Ancestry free access to military records - today only -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry free access to military records - today only -

I have just been emailed by them to tell me that as part of the tanks centenary, they are opening the military records as free for today only

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Oooh thanks, Trevor....just what I wanted!!
    Jacky

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the Military records please, Ancestry wont let me in to the records withoy signing up, both father and grandfather were in the Royal Tank Corps, grandfather was Harry Arthur Lunn born 1885 and I think joined the RTC in 1919, father was Arthur Harold Lunn born 1916 and signed up for the RTC in 1935,

Comment

Originally posted by Vacumatic View Post
        Does anyone have a link to the Military records please, Ancestry wont let me in to the records withoy signing up, both father and grandfather were in the Royal Tank Corps, grandfather was Harry Arthur Lunn born 1885 and I think joined the RTC in 1919, father was Arthur Harold Lunn born 1916 and signed up for the RTC in 1935,
        Does this help?
        The men and women called to serve their country in military duty are a source of pride to their families and to their nation. Now, with databases containing more than 16 million names and thousands of government records available to search, researching your veteran ancestors has become easier than ever before.

- or this link
        The men and women called to serve their country in military duty are a source of pride to their families and to their nation. Now, with databases containing more than 16 million names and thousands of government records available to search, researching your veteran ancestors has become easier than ever before.

Click on the drop down lists in the section headed "All our Military collections" to search via individual datasets.
        Elaine

Comment

I found my Great Grandfather in the Royal Tank Corps through FMP. He joined up 18/03/1919 as a career soldier, his war record has been very interesting to read.
          Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Does this help?

- or this link

Click on the drop down lists in the section headed "All our Military collections" to search via individual datasets.
            Thank you so much Elaine - time for me to explore!

Comment

Working...
            X