Anti virus protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti virus protection?

Is anti virus protection needed for an iPad? I have t got any on mine and don't know if it is safe to use for Internet banking?

funny you should ask my son reckons you dont but I am not so sure have you tried googling

Comment

My son says you don't need anti virus because it's not Windows OS.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy,

You definitely don't need any antivirus for your iPad.
        You would need it only for your Windows PC, Android phone or Windows mobile phone

Comment

Thanks everybody! That's what I've been told but had my doubts it was right!!

Can now safely use iPad for banking then! Lucky as my desktop is still not sorted.

Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
            Is anti virus protection needed for an iPad? I have t got any on mine and don't know if it is safe to use for Internet banking?
            That depends on how much risk you find acceptable.
            Most virus writer concentrate on Windows OS but there are viruses and key logging programs written for the IPad and IPhones have been hacked in the past.
            I certainly would not use an IPad for banking without have virus protection no matter what operating system I used.

Cheers
            Guy

PS try searching for WireLurker, Masque Attack, XcodeGhost the SSL Flaw and Oleg Pliss
            Last edited by Guy; 10-09-16, 08:44. Reason: added a PS
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Your IPad is up to date isn't it?

This document lists security updates and Rapid Security Responses for Apple software.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Oh heck! Now I,m confused! Not at all technical and must admit I wouldn't usually use iPad for banking, it's just that my desktop is temporarily ( I hope) out of action.

Lesley.

Comment

Working...
                X