19058 Hints on Ancestry wonder how many are mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19058 Hints on Ancestry wonder how many are mine

Just running through the names in my tree when I noticed I have 19058 hints? gulp :(

I know what you mean Val, I've got two local history trees as well, I had to turn the hints of for those or I'd get gazillions!

Comment

I have over 12,000 just for one tree of less than 4,000 names!! I leave the hists on though because you don't have to look at them if you don't want to. Occasionally there are some good ones in collections I have not come across before. One reason there are so many is that quite a lot of hints are duplicated ie the same information from different collections is listed.
      Anne

Comment

I only look at the hints for each individual I am doing at that time anyway, as most are rubbish;)

Comment

Val, I bet those hints are mostly for you and the ones that aren't might be mine! Have to admit I am struggling with the Irish. Sue

Comment

you are welcome to them all Sue shant charge you either , I know what you mean about the Irish almost as bad as my Guttentags.

Comment

I use and look at my hints all the time, I find them most helpful, though time consuming!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have noticed lately that the hints I'm attaching have been attached before though. Got to admit it's much easier now that I've figured out how to turn off the hints for other peoples trees as well.
                Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

I only go through the hints for the person I am researching at that moment Julie otherwise I'd be all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    I only go through the hints for the person I am researching at that moment Julie otherwise I'd be all year.
                    true.. I just see what pops up when I am working on a particular branch [on a family page]
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X