Who are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are they?

Hi, I wondered if anyone fancied helping me with a little mystery?

In the 1851 Census for my 3x Great Grandparents John & Susannah Phillips there is a 6 year old Elizabeth Farison, the name has been corrected to Fairburn which was Susannah's maiden name, well a variation of it anyway.

Using the name Elizabeth Fairburn & the soundex option in FreeReg I did get a hit with a Baptism in Great Stainton, 1844 as the daughter of Ann Fairburn but this person isn't in my tree yet and I've not been able to find anything further.

Does anyone fancy a little quest to help narrow down who Ann may be to find out what Elizabeth's connection may be?

Susannah herself was born in 1817, Bishopton to Thomas Fairburns/Fairbairns/Fairbairnes & Phyllis Luke and Thomas did have another wife named Sarah Whitfield who might have died in childbirth in 1811.

Thank you.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
    Hi, I wondered if anyone fancied helping me with a little mystery?

In the 1851 Census for my 3x Great Grandparents John & Susannah Phillips there is a 6 year old Elizabeth Farison, the name has been corrected to Fairburn which was Susannah's maiden name, well a variation of it anyway.

Using the name Elizabeth Fairburn & the soundex option in FreeReg I did get a hit with a Baptism in Great Stainton, 1844 as the daughter of Ann Fairburn but this person isn't in my tree yet and I've not been able to find anything further.

Does anyone fancy a little quest to help narrow down who Ann may be to find out what Elizabeth's connection may be?

Susannah herself was born in 1817, Bishopton to Thomas Fairburns/Fairbairns/Fairbairnes & Phyllis Luke and Thomas did have another wife named Sarah Whitfield who might have died in childbirth in 1811.

Thank you.
    I have had a look on the Family Search site & Elizabeth Fairburn is stated as 6yrs & is a visitor.Born Gt Stainton,County Durham.HO107/2384/707/12.

There are plenty of Fairburns on this site & from where the listings are spread it seems as if this name is prolific in the North of England counties.
    betty
    ​Bettyespana

Comment

Looks like she is Susannah's sister.

Baptisms, Stockton District - Record Number: 954867.0
      Church: St. Peter
      Denomination: Anglican
      30 Dec 1821 Anne Fairbones of Bishopton, daughter of Thomas (shoemaker) & Phyllis Fairbones

Vera

Comment

thank you Vera and to Betty.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
        X