Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images of wills on Familysearch

I followed a link on another forum to Familysearch

which has a film of wills proved in the Lewes Consistory Court, there are 962 images (and I have looked at all of them over the past few days and found one made by a brother of one of OH's ancestors).

They go from probate date 1752 to 1757, but as the film title mentions 1527-1858 there may be some other images somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find any, can anyone point me in the right direction of how to search please?

Ah - sussed it! on the page you link to, on the bottom left click on Information. Then click on Probate Records. On the page it brings up scroll down to Film Notes, where all the films are listed. Click on the camera icon to see the images. I think there's enough there to keep you busy for the rest of the year!
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
      Ah - sussed it! on the page you link to, on the bottom left click on Information. Then click on Probate Records. On the page it brings up scroll down to Film Notes, where all the films are listed. Click on the camera icon to see the images. I think there's enough there to keep you busy for the rest of the year!
      WOW! Thank you soooo much!

I've got to go back to work on Tuesday, I wonder how much I can fit in before then!

Comment

All depends how much sleep you want in that time - lots of coffee required
        Linda

Comment

Linda thanks to you working out how to browse the wills, over the last month I've looked at around 30,000 images (only reading the first couple of lines to find the testator)...and found wills of 3 of OH's direct ancestors and a dozen or so of siblings of his direct ancestors. Many thanks!

Comment

You're welcome Jill - It helps me too as OH has families from Sussex in his line, and I didn't know these existed before you mentioned them.
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X