scotland records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotland records

Mums cousin died a few years ago and she is left and equal share with his cousins, we were hoping that she would inherit so that it would pay for her care at the moment but this is dragging on and on. Just spoke to the solicitor and he said they employed a professional genealogist to track down 2 cousins on his other side of the family. Just wondering if anybody on here would be able to beat them to it!!!!!
    I know how quick some of you are.

I seem to remember that the law of inheritance in Scotland goes back another generation to find heirs?
    But if your mum's cousin left a will it should be just how she said and not necessarily finding all the relations?
    Anne

Comment

the solicitor said its very complicated!!!
      he did leave a will but it wasnt signed properly or not witnessed or just not correct in some way and it included his friend so its been agreed that it split between all his heirs and his friend. But apparently there are 2 on his fathers side, I did dabble with his tree once when I was asked about a set of hand made dining room chairs. Mum had some of them which were numbered and he wanted me to track down the rest. I did make contact with a couple of people but they knew nothing of the chairs.

Comment

Oh, very complicated then. Hope it works out.
        Anne

Comment

give us a clue Gloryer? I got some free credits

Comment

my mums cousin we knew as duncan Thomson, he is the one that left the will, his parents were Katherine Mckerrow 1900-1993 and Robert Thomson who we knew as aunt kitty and uncle bobby although they are mums aunt and uncle so my great aunt and uncle, apparently there are 2 cousins on uncle bobbys side. I believe now that Duncan is actually Robert Duncan Thomson, I dont have any other dates so its quite difficult, Would really need to spend a day at Edinburgh to go through all the archives..

Comment

had a quick look and there are several births of that name in the date range but no images other than one born in 1911 and he has different parents, when did he die

Comment

I would say about 4 years ago now

Comment

Working...
                X