Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toovey - Colchester Essex Births

Hi
    Wondering if someone can help with a lookup.
    This has been a long time mystery for me and I haven't had much luck.
    I am trying to establish where the following family members were born/baptised most likely in Colchester - Essex in UK.
    Lingwood Toovey abt 1828
    Emily Toovey abt 1830
    William Toovey abt 1833
    Parents of these children were Richard Duppa Toovey and Sarah Whitaker Toovey (formally Lingwood)
    They were married Colchester Essex in !821.
    Any help appreciated.
    tidders
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

do you have the baptism of Henry Dupper Toovey 27 Jan 1833, St Botolph's, Colchester?

found on Freereg2

and these from ancestry?

Anne Toovey 3 Jul 1840 Westerham,Kent,England Richard Duppa, Sarah Whittaker

Charles Gibbs Toovey 25 Apr 1835 Westerham,Kent,England Richard Duppa, Sarah

Jane Amelia Toovey 21 Jan 1838 Westerham,Kent,England Richard Duppa, Sarah Whitaker

Frances Matilda Toovey 24 Mar 1837 Westerham,Kent,England Richard Duppa, Sarah Whittaker

They do seem to move around

According to a Public Family Tree on ancestry, William was born 1831 and died 1833
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank you Sylvia C. Yes I do have The baptism for henry Duppa Toovey and the other Toovey"s. They are all part of the family.
      Just trying to find where they were born?
      Richard and Sarah were married at All Saints - Colchester Essex.
      researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

Just trying to track them down, have you seen this in the paper?

The Suffolk Chronicle; or Weekly General Advertiser & County Express. 14 April 1821

Richard Toovey, Esq. of Battleswick, Colchester, to Sarah Whitaker, second daughter of Mr. John Lingwood, wine and brandy merchant of the said town

Just adding all of the children as Lingwood and Emily are baptised St Giles, Colchester

St Giles Colchester..Baptisms

TOOVEY ELIZA GIBBS Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 27 Oct 1824
        TOOVEY EMILY Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 20 Dec 1829
        TOOVEY ISABELLA LINGWOOD Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 27 Oct 1824 PRIVATE 16 Apr 1823
        TOOVEY LINGWOOD Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 20 Dec 1829
        TOOVEY RICHARD GEORGE Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 20 Dec 1829
        TOOVEY SARAH WHITAKER Richard Duppa Sarah Whitaker St Giles Farmer 26 Oct 1824 PRIVATE 28 Mar 1822
        Last edited by Elaine; 22-08-16, 20:31.
        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine.
          This info is what I was hoping to find. It has also unearthed a name I never knew existed as well. I am off and running again.
          Thanks
          tidders

Comment

My pleasure, glad I could help.
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
            X