Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm USB slide scanners

Hi

Wondering if any one has any experince with USB 35mm slide scanners. I'v just inherited several hundres and want to scanner them to review and store as required.

Seems to be a fair number on the market but they mostly seem to require that 3 slides are mounted into a holder before the holder is passed through the scanner. Seems very slow and fiddly when I have several hundreds to do.

Anybody know of any alternatives scanners or methods

Thanks

Dermot

I have tried a couple, as well as adapters for flatbed scanners and always been disappointed with the results.

The best method I have found is to put the slides in a projector then photograph the projected image. It isn't as fiddly as it sounds; if you have a remote control for the projector and a remote shutter release and tripod for the camera it only takes a few seconds per slide once you have it all set up.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

I bought a cheap one last year, the focus and colour quality was appalling. My sweet son took some slides my dad took in the 1950s and 1960s to a local photography shop and had then put on disc for me as a Christmas present.

Comment

Working...
      X