Bucks Parish Registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks Parish Registers

Does anyone know where I can get images of Bucks Parish Registers, specifically Wooton Underwood?

Transcriptions are available under England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, but they don't show DOB, and Bucks FHS have a booklet of transcriptions, but I would like to view the images to see if there is any more information as something doesn't add up.

I am looking for children of Thomas and Anne Blunt born between 1829 and 1847. A search has found 8 children born during that period in Wooton to Thomas and Anne Blunt, and I have a 9th child on the 1851 census who I can't find in the registers.

However the issue I have is with 2 girls, Susan and Emma. Susan is baptised 16 Jun 1844 and Emma 30 Aug 1844, all the other children are baptised approximately 2-3 years apart. I have Emma with the family in 1851, but can't find a birth registration, and I have a birth registration for Susan, but can't find her on the 1851 census! Both Susan and Emma appear on later censuses. I don't think one of them is an illegitimate daughter of one of the other children as the oldest female that generation would only be 9.

It is unlikely that there is another couple with the same names as Thomas's father was from outside the area so it wasn't a common local surname.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Hi, Pete.
    These registers aren't available online.
    You have to go to the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies to view them.
    Buckinghamshire Family History Society have transcribed the registers and entries are transcribed in booklets.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Emma was baptised in 1846 and not 1844.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post

I am looking for children of Thomas and Anne Blunt born between 1829 and 1847. A search has found 8 children born during that period in Wooton to Thomas and Anne Blunt, and I have a 9th child on the 1851 census who I can't find in the registers.

However the issue I have is with 2 girls, Susan and Emma. Susan is baptised 16 Jun 1844 and Emma 30 Aug 1844, all the other children are baptised approximately 2-3 years apart. I have Emma with the family in 1851, but can't find a birth registration, and I have a birth registration for Susan, but can't find her on the 1851 census! Both Susan and Emma appear on later censuses. I don't think one of them is an illegitimate daughter of one of the other children as the oldest female that generation would only be 9..
        Susan is shown as Susanna on the 1851 Census and is with the family.

Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 16-08-16, 16:51.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

That was my first thought, but I am not convinced they are the same person.

Susan's DOB is 1844, but Susanna is clearly 4 on the 1851 so there is a 3 year difference. It could be a mistake, but at that young age it is unlikely to be the parent's error, so could only be an enumerators transcription error. I suppose that '4' and '7' in poor handwriting could be mistaken.

I am still working through this family group, so will see what transpires when I have found all the census entries.
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

I shall be going in to the RO in the next couple of weeks, do you want me to have a look for you?
            Glen

Comment

Glen, I have given Pete quite a lot of information but he hasn't seen any images, so he might take you up on the offer.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks for the offer Glen, but as Elizabeth has said she has given me quite a lot of info.

It turns out that Ancestry's transcription was wrong (that never happens lol).

I don't have the images, but I am happy with accurate transcriptions for this, which is very minor twig on my tree (descended from a half 6x great aunt)
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

Working...
                X