A Nottingham man, and possibly his marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nottingham man, and possibly his marriage

Some family papers and photos of my late 2nd cousin have been passed to me. As his father never knew about our side of the family because he was the secret son of my great aunt, virtually everything relates to his mother's family of which I know nothing (though I have started to piece things together). So few of the photos have anything to identify them.

To begin, this chap had his photo taken in a Nottingham studio (nothing more on the reverse, it is dark green card)

Is he the same bridegroom as in this summer wedding photo (nice crop of runner beans in the back!). Also wondering about the uniform.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 14-08-16, 18:33. Reason: typo

The only thing I can say is that Hartley Road is not in the centre of Nottingham. It is in the Radford / Hyson Green area. Not far from the centre but would think he would live there when the photo was taken. Also the 2 men do look very similar. Jut wondering where the second photo was taken. Is it a field or an allotment. Doesn't look like a beautiful garden! Also the family must have a bit of money as they all have flowers and also had heir wedding photographed.

Doesn't help at all really.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thanks for taking a look Lin.

My relative was related to families called Grainger, and Kitchen, and connected through his great uncle David Kitchen to families called Smith and Rainbow.

Comment

Working...
      X