PC help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC help please.

Hoping someone more PC savvy can help me?
    My computer has been so slow for ages now and inputting my text sometimes takes a second or two to show?
    I have done virus checks and scans but nothing shows up, so I am hoping nothing is amiss that way. However, I noticed when I go on the 'Page' in the toolbar under encoding it is clicked onto Unicode( UTF-8) . There is also Western European (Windows), should it be moved onto that , seeing as I am in the UK?
    Can others in the UK members check and see if they are on Western European or Unicode-8 for me please and then I will get an idea if mine is right or wrong?

Cheers Twiglet.
    Twiglet

What application is this in?
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

My computer is set to Auto select the encoding system - at present it is showing Western European. I am under the impression its purpose is to ensure that correct symbols/letters show up on websites according to what alphabet is in use- eg you would need a different system to read pages from Japan but I think both Unicode and Western European would give correct results for the sites you are likely to be using.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thankyou both for your replies, sorry it has taken me a bit to get back on here.

PeteW1959;
        It's Windows 7, I use IE. ( Is this what you mean by application?) My laptop is about 6-7 years old.

JudithM; It probably is ok then? That helps put my mind at eased, as I thought it could have moved?

Twiglet.
        Last edited by TwigletNumber5; 13-08-16, 08:32.
        Twiglet

Comment

Hi Twiglet,
          Can I ask what software you use to keep your system virus and spyware free and also how old is your pc/system.
          Benbow

Comment

Working...
          X