Firefox and Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and Printing

A few weeks ago I changed my browser to Firefox and shortly afterwards found that the printer (A HP laser Jet) would not accept any printing jobs. It works fine on T/bird though.

On changing back to Chrome everything was normal again and the printer worked perfectly.

Have been through most of the on line stuff about this problem and still find what is causing the problem. Could there be anything that I have missed?

It is a pity, as I rather like Firefox.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

What do you get when you select 'Print' (or press ctrl-P)?

Does the box come up where you select the printer, which pages and number of copies?

Do you get any error messages?
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

PeteW, yes, it appears normal but nothing happens except the print queue gets longer. I thought that I cleared the queue but still won't start. If I use Chrome on the same article to print it does it perfectly. Think the is a box somewhere that may not be ticked but cannot find anything untoward so far.

One error message which just says the printer is in an error state.
      Last edited by grumpy; 12-08-16, 12:38.

David

Comment

This seems very strange, and isn't anything I have come across before.

The print window that comes up is part of Windows, not Firefox, so if it prints from one program it should print from another.

It may be a silly question, but are you sure you have selected the correct printer from the drop down menu? There could be a duplicate printer with a very similar name that isn't working correctly, and Firefox is picking that up as the default rather than the proper one.
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

PeteW, I think you hit the nail on the head with that last paragraph as I now have the printer working correctly.

In the drop down box it shows the printer as LaserJet CP1025nw. In the properties box however, amongst others there is also the same printer listed but in brackets afterwards Copy 1 and
          Copy 2. When I changed the default to LaserJet CP1025nw(Copy 1) the printer works correctly. Don't ask me why, but it works that is the main thing.

Thank you for your interest.:o

David

Comment

Working...
          X