Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help once again !

Hi
    Once again I am turning to you for help!
    ;D

My Aunt Dorothy Martha Gibson 03-03-1920 married 1940 Crosby Lancashire to -
    George Vincent Halliwell 12-06-1913,
    The research is about George V Halliwell, I found a birth which shows his mother's maiden name is "Marrow"... That is all I can gather...there are similar names but don't feel correct they don't match with what little information I have...Looking for George's Parents ? and censuses of his parent's !

could this be the parents marriage
    William Halliwell
    Marriage quarter 4
    Marriage year 1907
    Registration month -
    MarriageFinder™
    Hannah Marrow
    District West Derby
    District number -
    County Lancashire
    Country England
    Volume 8B
    Page 872

Comment

According to an ancestry tree, that is the correct couple. There is are 2 possible birth dates for George Vincent, (12 or 19 June) one of 11 children although the 1911 census says there were 2 more who had died. There are no parents for William Halliwell and the census says he came from Denbighshire but place unknown. There is no marriage shown for George Vincent.
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 12-08-16, 09:36.

Comment

I have been looking at this couple and they did look likely. The only problem is that in 1939 they appear to be living in Crosby but the son, just given as George, says born 19th June 1915. On George Vincent's death it says born 12th June 1913 and he was registered Sept 1913. So you would need his birth cert to check his parents.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The first of the two children referred to on the census is likely this one.
          1908 HALLIWELL, John William; mother's m.s. MARROW; Aughton, registers at Preston; local reg. ref. A/21/39

Comment

He is on 1881 Wales census as William HALLEWILL with parents Thomas and Elizabeth.
            1891 census still in Wales, surname as HALLEWELL
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 12-08-16, 11:07.

Comment

I couldn't find him in 1939 Chrissie, maybe cos I was looking for a 1913 birth?

Comment

There is only one William Halliwell born in Wales 1876 +/-2 so we must be on the right track. Unfortunately for the first few children on the 1881 census UKBMD North Wales doesn't yet have mother's m.s.

Comment

If it's the right one, in 1939 his birth date is given as 3rd May 1876. The other problem, besides the birth date of George, is the birth date of Hannah which is given as 9th March 1886. The closest birth I can find for a Hannah Marrow is Dec 1885 in Stoke T. The other closest is June 1885 in Ormskirk. Perhaps she got the year wrong?
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you , it is indeed a difficult and confusing one to deal with, hopefully it can be cleared up.

Comment

Working...
                    X