Any ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas.

I'm trying to find who lived in a house with no number - just a house name- in 1932/4. I've tried asking the archive nearest the house (in Blackpool) but they don't have the electoral roll for those years.
    Ideas anyone?
    Cath.

Check whether copies of the relevant electoral roll are held at the British Library.

Last edited by AntonyM; 10-08-16, 15:08.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks but I don't seem to be able to find Blackpool registers there either.
      Cath.

Comment

Seems to be a gap in the BL holdings from 1932-6 .... Lancashire archives suggest that anything past 1930 are held at Blackpool Central Library. If you have tried there and they don't have them they may not exist.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

These are the details for contacting the Blackpool Central Library, as suggested by Antony -
          Central Library
          Queen Street
          Blackpool
          FY1 1PX
          Telephone: 01253 478080
          Email: central.library@blackpool.gov.uk
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

You could try the Local History Society as often they have photographic stuff alongside maps etc. https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Residen...-archives.aspx

Margaret

Comment

Looks like a dead end. Nobody appears to have them,
              Thanks for trying.
              Cath.

Comment

Working...
              X