Trade directories for 60's/70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade directories for 60's/70's

A group I am discussing my old haunts with are stumped on the name of a small icecream factory that was in our area befor it was all flattened and turned into new housing estates.

The time would have been the 60's 70's
    The area was Grange Road/Whitwell road in Plaistow London E13

Are there available searchable databases that are for recent trades, or even access to archived yellow pages?
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 07-08-16, 12:23.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

I too would like to see if there are any trade directories - following this tread. Experts please reply!
    Tracing my family tree back to the beginning. I'm 4 generations back so far.
    Family man, Business Owner, and father to 3 crazy daughters!!

Comment

Findmypast have Kelly's Post Office Directory for London 1961 and 1971. Plaistow is covered. I've managed to find some entries for Ice Cream Manufacturers but not in those roads. Its quite cumbersome to find the right page (unless I'm doing it wrong). Do you have access to findmypast?
      Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie,

I had to let my subscriptions expire this year.
        The roads around the are that were demolished and completely rebuilt were.
        Graham Road
        Lower Road
        Colne Street
        Melford Road
        Falcon Street
        Suffolk Road
        With Gordon Street and Meredith Street the only two names currently used.
        If the directory uses post codes, it will be in the E13 8B# range

Anne street may be involved, but I'm sure that it was not that far over

Thanks
        Trev
        Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 08-08-16, 00:45.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Night Owl,
          I have realised that you had said that you were going to look up on FMP.
          I believe we should not ask for FMP lookups, due to their subscriptions rules, so please do not look any further.

Trev

Researching:

Comment

Working...
          X