Irish birth certs query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish birth certs query

Two anomalous certificates that I want to order - but how do I cite the relevant quarters/years?
    Cert 1 - 1883 or 1887?
    Registration year 1887
    Registered quarter/year Oct - Dec 1883
    Registration district Ballyshannon
    Volume 2
    Page 5

Cert 2 - 1873 or 1878?
    Registration year 1873
    Registered quarter/year 1878
    Registration district Callan
    Volume 14
    Page 607

Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

where did you get those references from ? can you put the names on here ?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-08-16, 19:14.

Comment

As long as you send Roscommon the information you have given on this board (plus the names) they will find the certs for you. The way you have set it out is perfectly clear (to GRO). You can download an order form from their website or alternatively just stick the information in a letter, together with the the payment. If you are not sure of the year just say so, though it ought to be easy enough to check that from the on-line indexes. You can order a photocopy of the certificates from GRO Roscommon for €4 (euros). http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply...tificates.aspx

You have to download and print off the form. Then either post or fax it back to them. You can’t e-mail it to them. However if you want them to e-mail the cert to back to you, they will do that, so tick the relevant box.
      Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        where did you get those references from ? can you put the names on here ?
        Initially via familysearch then cross checked in FMP.

Thanks Elwyn, I'll order using the full info above to ensure GRO Roscommon can locate easily.

Christine
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
        X