Can anyone find out what happened to this couple please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find out what happened to this couple please

The couple married on 1st October 1926 in South Leith, Edinburgh - both were living at Crewe Cottages (Railway cottages), Ferry Road, Edinburgh

Bride: - Annie Laurie/Lawrie McAlpine Brown - aged 29 - occupation Domestic servant - d/o John Tyson Brown, surfaceman and Isabella Laurie (deceased)
    Groom:- George Bryden Clark - aged 35 - occupation general labourer - s/o George Clark, butcher (deceased) and Christina Moffat (deceased).

Annie registered her father's death on 29th November 1938 and was living at 192 Causewayside, Edinburgh.

I haven't been able to find births or deaths for either of the couple with those middle names on scotlandspeople.

George would be about 125 if still alive and Annie about 118 so safe to assume they're deceased but when and where?

Can anyone help please?
    Last edited by JBee; 14-07-16, 20:56.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Hi
    I think this is the family in 1901. The address is similar to the marriage cert. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=4097421
    Moggie

Comment

There’s a death for Ann Laurie Clark or Brown, aged 77, in Morningside in 1974 that looks to be the lady you are interested in. GROS ref 744/00 0903. The death cert will tell you whether George was still alive at that time. And the informant may help you too.
      Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Hi
        Birth for Ann McAlpine Brown 9th April 1897 at Crewe Cottages Crammond. Details of parents exactly as on marriage cert.
        Parents marriage 16th August 1895 Saxe Coburg Place Edinburgh.
        Moggie

Comment

That's great - thank you so much, thought I'd put Annie (as she signed on her marriage and father's death certificate) and variants in the boxes but must have left it as exact so didn't come up.

The death is great because hopefully the person who registered it was a son or daughter.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
          X