Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Laird history

Hi

I have just found out through a tree on Ancestry that my 7x great grandfather was a Laird in Scotland. I have tried finding the birth/baptism of my 6x great grandmother to confirm but can only find other family tree sites who say this is true. Is there anywhere that I can find this out for myself as Scotlands People don't show it?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

As a landowner you could try to looking at the Sasine Register which is held at The National Records of Scotland. It gives details of land registrations and deeds and may give you some info.
    Perhaps a phone call or email to them with who you are looking for may be of use.
    I have always meant to do this for my husband's family when in Edinburgh but have never had the time. I would say that the staf in Edinburgh have always been helpful to me in the past.
    Sorry I can't be of more help but good luck.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
    X