Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth search for Harriet Fraser

Hello,

I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help/guide me on finding a birth record/date for a Harriet/ette Fraser, born 1832, England. She married a Joseph Lilley in August 1862, Birmingham, Warwick, England. She died N Ireland May 1904. Any help on birth date / details or anything else would be most helpful.

Puddleduck03

dont know if you have the marriage record
    Joseph
    Lilley
    Marriage year 1862
    Marriage date 15 Aug 1862
    Marriage place Birmingham
    Spouse's first name(s) Harriet
    Spouse's last name Frazer
    County Warwickshire
    Country England

Comment

Hi Val, thankyou, that is about the only record I do know of. Hope birth details can be traced. Many thanks.

Comment

was she born in worcester? if not do you know where

Comment

this looks like her christening the tree is on ancestry

England & Wales, Christening Index, 1530-1980
          View Record
          Name Harriet Frazer
          Gender Female
          Christening Date 18 Sep 1829
          Christening Place Upper Sapey, Herefordshire, England
          Household Members
          Name Age
          Joseph Frazer
          Elizabeth
          Harriet Frazer

Comment

this is her in 1851 do you have ancestry

Comment

Birmingham records have been transcribed as Frayer

Birmingham, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937

Name: Joseph Lilley
              Marriage Date: 15 Aug 1862
              Marriage Age: Full
              Marriage Place: Birmingham, St Martin, Warwickshire, England
              Spouse: Harriet Frayer
              Spouse Gender: Female
              Spouse Marriage Age: Full
              Father: George Lilley
              Spouse's Father: Joseph Frayer
              Reference Number: DRO 34
              Archive Roll: M121

that's because her name is spelled as Frazer in the Parish Register. She also signed the Register as Harriet Frazer

Joseph Frazer was a Shoe Maker, George Lilley a Weaver

Witnesses Joseph Bunce and Jane Bunce

why are you asking for the search to be done as Fraser?
              Last edited by Sylvia C; 13-06-16, 00:54.
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Her name is spelled as Frazer on Freebmd ...... something to be aware of if you order the marriage certificate under her name.
                My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  this is her in 1851 do you have ancestry
                  http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/88...32/edit/record
                  If this is the right Harriet this is possibly her baptism
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Right name for the father (Joseph) but birth year out by about 3 years.
                  Found Joseph (labourer) & Elizabeth in 1841 with 4 children but Harriet is not with them.

Moggie

Comment

This all looks promising. Thanks so much for your efforts. I have no idea where she was born, but her grandson was named Fraser after her. Also I don't know how many were in the family (siblings etc), but the links you have sent might help me to piece together more info. Really appreciate all this help. Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have ancestry.co.uk. Do you recommend it?

Comment

well either that or Find my past I'll try and send you that info

Comment

Hi
                          You may already have this census info but Harriett gives her age as 72 in 1901 making her birth year c1829 which would fit with the baptism in Upper Sapey Hertfordshire.

Census Years1901 AntrimDock Ward New Lepper Street Residents of a house

Residents of a house 1 in New Lepper Street (Dock Ward, Antrim)
                          Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
                          Lilley Harriette 28 Female Daughter Presbyterian Belfast School Teacher Read and write English Not Married -
                          Lilley Joseph 84 Male Head of Family Presbyterian Co Down Army Pensioner Read and write English Married -
                          Lilley George 31 Male Son Presbyterian Belfast Painteer Read and write English Not Married -
                          Doherty Frazer 6 Male Visitor Presbyterian Belfast Scholar Cannot read English Not Married -
                          Doherty Millar 3 Male Visitor Presbyterian England Scholar Cannot read English Not Married -
                          Doherty Mary E 36 Female Visitor Presbyterian Belfast Employed at Home Read and write English Married -
                          Lilley Harriette 72 Female Wife Presbyterian England - Read and write English Married -

Hariett's probate in 1904. Click on the camera to see the image.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Moggie

Comment

Hi Moggie,

Thanks so much for that, I have already seen those details, however didn't link the dates up with the baptism from Upper Sapey Hertfordshire. ​Very much appreciate your help.

Puddleduck03

Comment

Hi Puddleduck03
                              I think the witnesses to the marriage are significant.
                              Briefly this is what I have found.
                              Harriet Frazer living with James & Mary Bunce in 1841. Later census give Mary Bunce's birthplace as Upper Sapey Hertfordshire.
                              James Bunce & Mary Frizer (Frazer) married Upper Sapey in 1837.
                              James & Mary Bunce had a daughter Jane born in 1843.
                              Could she be the witness Jane Bunce?

Moggie

Comment

This is getting exciting! Do you think Jane Bunce and Harriet Fraser could be sisters?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleduck03 View Post
                                  This is getting exciting! Do you think Jane Bunce and Harriet Fraser could be sisters?
                                  No, I think they were cousins. We need to prove that Joseph Frazer & Mary Bunce (nee Frizer/Frazer) were brother & sister. I'll see if I can find anything on familysearch.
                                  Moggie

Comment

Too late to edit my last post.
                                    I think I have got it wrong & it was Harriet & Mary who were sisters. Joseph & Elizabeth Frazer had 7 children baptised at Upper Sapely between 1816 (Mary) & 1832 (Henry).
                                    Moggie

Comment

How can I see the 7 children? All this info is great. Thankyou

Comment

Try this link

Hope it works. Some of the records are duplicates.
                                        Moggie

Comment

Working...
                                        X