Forces-War-Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forces-War-Records

I know that the above site is slowly putting on the WW1 Military Hospital records. So imagine my happiness when my great grandfather's name came up.

Has anyone got a subscription to this site and found a relative in hospital?

What details were given - dates, injury etc ?

I am trying to work out whether to get a one month sub, and remember to make sure it isn't renewed, or to add this to my Kew to do list for when I am over next.

His name is Walter Frederick Green, Lancashire Fusiliers, service #39011.

Thank you for any help,

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

bcbrit

I don't have a subscription but there are various discounts on the website 'www.vouchercodes.co.uk/forces-war-records.co.uk' for this month. Might be worth taking a look. Just noticed you live outside UK!

Bev
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Hi Bev,

Thank you for responding ! I guess I should see if I could get a discount. Nothing ventured, nothing gained !

Last year I had a wonderful lunch with my sister at Provender Cafe Bistro in Wanstead.

My dad would march us to Wanstead Flats once or twice a year. Other forced marches were High Beech and Epping Forest up by Waterworks Corner.

I used to hate it, but every time I come home I try to con someone into going for a long walk with me in the forest.

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I did have a one year sub given as a present to this site. I found a little, although my family tend not to be very 'military'.

However what I do NOT appreciate are the almost DAILY emails trying to persuade me to rejoin on the basis that 'another record has been added for G Simpson'. There mst be thousands of them!!
        Anne

Comment

Hi Anne,

Thank you for the heads up on the daily emails !

I have decided to go make a list of all the men who served in WW1, make sure I have everything that I can find on them from other sites, and then sign up to forces-war-site., and do them in one fell swoop.

bcbrit

Comment

Working...
          X