andrew j coles/alice sheridan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrew j coles/alice sheridan

searching family tree has given a lot of answers to my history but one thing confuses me
    Andrew and Alice supposedly married in 1886 I Wentworth I cant verify this with documents
    yet the birth certificate for hazel may (my grandmother born 1899) states illegitimate and mother as spinster and gives her surname as Sheridan
    children born before her are refered to as either Coles or Sheridan and on my fathers birth certificate she gives her maiden name as Coles
    I cant think of a sensible reason for the various versions unless it was an attempt to cover for living together
    any ideas or suggestions on a way to clarify
    Brian
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Hi Brian,

Would that be Wentworth UK, or Australia?

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 30-05-16, 13:41.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

sorry it was NSW
      Brian
      researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Brian

Seems obvious to me that they were not married to each other and as the marriage date doesn't correspond with any records, I think that clinches it.

OC

Comment

oc
          thanks for response that was pretty much my thoughts but I suppose I was hoping that something in my research was missing
          brian

Comment

Brian,
            do you think it is possible that either one of them could already have been married, [so they couldn't marry each other?]
            and have you looked for a marriage late on? the reason I ask is that one of my relatives claimed they were married to each other for 40 odd years. I tracked their marriage down in 1907! [some 40 yrs after they said it occurred!] he later died in 1909, but if I hadn't of looked then I would still be wondering if that was him!
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am beginning to think anything is possible/probable
              brian

Comment

Brian have you had a look on www.familysearch.org

they have many records for the Coles in Aus
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie
                  thanks I will investigate thru them as well
                  brian

Comment

Working...
                  X