Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry New Records upgrade

Access all the latest military collections

The latest additions to Fold3’s more than 450 million military records include the British Army Recipients of the Military Medal, the British Jewry Book of Honour, Airmen Who Died in the Great War and the Royal Air Force Muster Roll.

The British Army Recipients of the Military Medal lists over 88,000 men and women who were awarded the honour for showing acts of bravery under fire. The Jewry Book of Honour details the 50,000 Jews who served in the British Army during WWI.

Upgrade to our All Access membership and you can explore four fascinating new British WWI collections on the Fold3 military website, as well as nearly 4,000 historical newspapers at Newspapers.com and all 17 billion records on Ancestry.co.uk.

All Access annual membership
    £224.99

UPGRADE NOW

sounds good but expensive, am going to see how much extra they will charge to add this to my sub.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Access all the latest military collections

The latest additions to Fold3’s more than 450 million military records include the British Army Recipients of the Military Medal, the British Jewry Book of Honour, Airmen Who Died in the Great War and the Royal Air Force Muster Roll.

The British Army Recipients of the Military Medal lists over 88,000 men and women who were awarded the honour for showing acts of bravery under fire. The Jewry Book of Honour details the 50,000 Jews who served in the British Army during WWI.

Upgrade to our All Access membership and you can explore four fascinating new British WWI collections on the Fold3 military website, as well as nearly 4,000 historical newspapers at Newspapers.com and all 17 billion records on Ancestry.co.uk.

All Access annual membership
    £224.99

UPGRADE NOW

sounds good but expensive, am going to see how much extra they will charge to add this to my sub.
    Well my World Ancestry sub is up for renewing mid June and have been quoted £172 which I thought was very expensive, but why pay £224.99? Are they trying to say that you can upgrade on the World Sub ??

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 29-05-16, 11:20.

Comment

I already have World Janet, I think I will ask them.

Comment

I only paid £134.99 for world Janet I rang them when it came up for renewal and they gave me 20% off well worth asking about.
        Just checked and the new all in sub is £224.99 they will of course credit what sub I have left towards it which is £103.84 leaving £121.15 to pay but its still expensive.

Comment

Hm I do not think I will bother with extra as I am already teetering on the brink of giving up Ancestry and just sticking with FMP, but I will give it another year. I use FMP most of the time these days and have just renewed World FMP for another year to 19 October 2017 for £88.89 through a Lost Cousins deal.

It might well be worth ringing Ancestry to see if I can negotiate a lower price.

Janet

Comment

I must admit I find FMP much better than Ancestry these days, yes give them a ring

Comment

I agree with Val - starting to feel that FMP is just user-friendly and gives me the information I'm looking for at a faster speed. And it's cheaper too!

Comment

Originally posted by Saynayer View Post
                I agree with Val - starting to feel that FMP is just user-friendly and gives me the information I'm looking for at a faster speed. And it's cheaper too!
                Yes, I do find FMP easier to use and so I use FMP for all BMD and Census, but Ancestry still has some of the records I need which FMP have not got, the LMA records for starters! Ancestry still have the edge on FMP for USA/Canada Records but FMP is catching up fast here. The other problem with regard to these sites is that Ancestry have some Northants Records and FMP have some completely different Northants Records, so that is a big stumbling block for me to giving up on Ancestry completely. For Irish Records I much prefer FMP. Soldiers records are another problem area as Ancestry Records are post 1914 and FMP pre 1914!

If only my Family History was purely British without soldiers, no London Middlesex Ancestors, no USA emmigrants from Ireland, then there would be no contest!!

Janet
                Last edited by Janet; 30-05-16, 09:33.

Comment

I only paid £134.99 for world Janet I rang them when it came up for renewal and they gave me 20% off well worth asking about.
                  Just checked and the new all in sub is £224.99 they will of course credit what sub I have left towards it which is £103.84 leaving £121.15 to pay but its still expensive.
                  Thank you very much Val. I am well chuffed, as I have just phoned and obtained a discount down to £134.99 which is a considerble amount down on the £179.99 quoted previously. I said earlier in the thread that it would be £172 but I had made a mistake on that and realised it should have been £179.99! Well worth the phone call as i explained I already had a sub with FMP. but no quibbles on their account so great all round.

Janet
                  Last edited by Janet; 30-05-16, 10:06.

Comment

funny that as I wish all my lot came from Middlesex I found them so much easier to find, glad you got a discount, although I think they should give all loyal members a discount as a matter of course.

Comment

funny that as I wish all my lot came from Middlesex I found them so much easier to find, glad you got a discount, although I think they should give all loyal members a discount as a matter of course.
                      Yes I wish! To be fair to Ancestry and Middlesex records, yes there is a lot on there, which are unavailable on FMP except that mine slip into West & East Ham, so into Essex rather than Middlesex! Still quite a coup on Ancestry's part to get a foot in the door of LMA!

Janet

Comment

I was with Ancestry for years but did not renew my subscription this year, as I was finding far more relevant information on FMP, I find the newspaper archive facility invaluable for my own research. That's not to say I would not go back to Ancestry, but it would have to be the right price.
                        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Having read about people's success in getting a discount on renewals, I decided to try my luck too.

The renewal notice from Ancestry for Worldwide quotes £179.99 for 12months but my call handler wouldn't be moved. Her best offer was one payment of £19.99 which would cover four months, and then eight months at £19.99/month. Even I can work out that, over a 12month period, this also adds up to a whole 8p less than paying the 12months sub all in one go.

Where did I go wrong? What sob story worked for you?

STG [feeling she needs to brush up on her bartering skills]
                          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

maybe she had a headache ?? seriously try again on a different time and day and you may get somebody more reasonable and mention the fact that some of us got a good discount, good luck.

Comment

I too had the same type of reply when I phoned up

Then I was told via another post in this forum about the fact that their new year offer still worked

1 year, £69.99 :-)

Just a shame that Ancestry is too focused on giving discounts and free access to non-subscribers and ignore those who are their main and loyal customer base

Researching:
                              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

is that for world Trevor as the link takes me to my account details

Comment

Its for premium

It takes you to your account log-in and when you log-in, it will show you

Membership Information

Premium membership

(Starts Today, Renews 20 June 2017)

Annual payment of

£69.00

Total:£69.00

Price includes VAT

Researching:
                                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Ancestry made me chuckle when, after 15 years I deserted them for FMP and they gave me the line You'll be back. After sampling the new FMP, I certainly will not

be back.
                                    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

ah thanks Trevor but I have world, I have quite a few people who went overseas, shame that, Grumpy I think a lot of people will agree with you.

Comment

Just struck a deal of £134.99 for 12mths World sub!

STG
                                        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Working...
                                        X