Ancestry tree viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry tree viewing

Having recently embarked on using Ancestry trees, I have a short list of connections I have made with people who have given me permission to view their tree. These come up on the drop down list 'TREES' at the top left which includes my own trees.
    Yesterday I had a contact whose tree is public, so of course she didn't need to give me permission to view it. Is there a way of saving that tree to the list as well? Every time I want to view it I have to go on a long winded search involving finding her original message and clicking on her icon, then on the tree name. I really want to be able to get to it quicker than that.

Anne

does this work Anne

Comment

Thanks for trying, but no that's even more long winded bcause if I search for a person in the tree I then have to scroll down all the trees until I find the right one.
      Just wish I could make it appear in the drop down list!
      Anne

Comment

when you find it can it be added to your links ?

Comment

wonder if this will help seems others have said the same thing scroll down a bit
          Last edited by Guest; 15-05-16, 12:38.

Comment

you know looking at this I found you can save any website to your links I have just saved FMP and now I can go straight to it from Ancestry.

Comment

I didn't know about that route that Val has posted Anne. I have always just saved them to my Genealogy favourites, under a tree folder.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thats a good idea too Chrissie

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. At least I know now I wasn't missing something obvious! That thing about the Quick Links looks a good idea Val, thanks very much.
                  Anne
                  Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 15-05-16, 14:31.

Comment

Brilliant, Val. I've got it now in my Quick Links and can go straight to it. Thank you!
                    Anne

Comment

actually your query helped me as I have added FMP to mine , might add Familysearch too ;)

Comment

for other external sites, I just have several windows open to, say, ancestry, FMP plus a 3rd one that I can use to access such as lancs-opc, NSW bmds, etc on a once every now and again check.

I've even used that 3rd window to access a tree or other record on ancestry ....... although I've only done that occasionally

The advantage of that is that I can switch back and forth between the windows ......

........ to this dumb person, it sounds as though Quick Link takes you to the link within the same window that you are working in?
                        Last edited by Sylvia C; 15-05-16, 21:54.
                        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank Val I have just added 6 links and I'm sure I shall think of more when have time.

Comment

Yes Sylvia, that had just dawned on me too.

Comment

Doesn't matter though, I can just open another Ancestry window. It was the speed of getting to have a quick look at the tree at random times I wanted. I am familiar with working with up to 10 tabs open in my browser. That's OK during a long sustained session when I leave all the windows open but not for just a quick look.
                              Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                                for other external sites, I just have several windows open to, say, ancestry, FMP plus a 3rd one that I can use to access such as lancs-opc, NSW bmds, etc on a once every now and again check.

I've even used that 3rd window to access a tree or other record on ancestry ....... although I've only done that occasionally

The advantage of that is that I can switch back and forth between the windows ......

........ to this dumb person, it sounds as though Quick Link takes you to the link within the same window that you are working in?
                                If you right click a link you can select 'open in a new window' or 'open in a new tab' so you can still have everything open at the same time and toggle between them.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                X