No announcement yet.

Can anyone read old German handwriting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read old German handwriting?

I have a family book from the early 1800s, and although I have a tree built from it, a recent contact has thrown some confusion into the picture.

The attached page shows at the bottom Simon Sättele and Franiska Shorpp, but it their child Lorentz at the top I am interested in.

Can anyone a) transcribe the page into German and b) translate it into English?

I am particularly interested in Lorentz's marriage to Maria Müller. There is some crossing out, but I think that might be important. I have some contradictory dates for her death, and some evidence that she was married before.

I am also not sure who the family group (7 children) are below Maria's entry.
    Attached Files
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

I can help, but unfortunately, I do not get acces to the attached file

Comment

Originally posted by hankol View Post
      I can help, but unfortunately, I do not get access to the attached file
      hankol, not sure that I understand what you mean, did you click on Pete's file? if you did it should download a PDF file to your computer. [this PDF has the tree on it]
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Pete,

I have completed the translations and sent them to your email address.

Best wishes,
        Brian

EquilibriumYaw

Comment

Thank you so much Brian.

The two things you have had trouble deciphering (Maria's place of birth and her mother's maiden name) are things I do not have from other sources, so I can't give you any clues.

However the translation has acheived what I had hoped, and proved that one contact has the wrong Maria Müller in their tree, and another has her death 5 years before she married Lorentz!
          Last edited by PeteW1959; 18-05-16, 20:44.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            hankol, not sure that I understand what you mean, did you click on Pete's file? if you did it should download a PDF file to your computer. [this PDF has the tree on it]
            This is what I get when clicking on the PDF:
            hankol, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
            1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
            2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

Hi Pete,

just tieing up the two loose ends that were still outstanding on my translation:

a. The birthplace of Maria Müller was " Bräunlingen"

b. Anna`s maiden name was "Happle"

That now completes the translation, I hope that I have been of assistance with your research - should you have any queries concerning the translations, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes

Brian

Comment

Working...
              X