Offer impossible to resist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer impossible to resist?

Dont know about anybody else but Ancestry is awful tonight this is the latestAncestry.jpg

If I want to view somebody else's tree I would, does anybody know are they putting new records on or something.

It was bad this afternoon as well, very slow and the 'hints' kept being unavailable, on, off, on, off. Driving me mad!
    Anne

Comment

its been bad a lot lately but then so has FMP hope its for something worthwhile.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that when you look at a marriage post 1912 where spouse's surname is given you should be able to click View record & then click on Find spouse to find their Christian name/s but this hasn't been working for quite some time. So irritating because you have to go back to the search form, reverse the surnames & search again.
        Moggie

Comment

Oh I know Maggie, that's driving me nuts too. I also get hints that take me to the parish register of the birth of a child. It gives me the fathers name but no year of birth - how helpful is that!
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

me too I get so frustrated.

Comment

This morning we now have Australian WW2 records. Maybe them uploading all that caused the problems?

Comment

Have been looking at these service records. It is an index only really as those images which are attached can only be seen on fold3 for which you need a premium subscription. Even a world sub is no good.
                All my lot have already been digitised by National Archives of Australia so I have the images from a few years ago. They were free.
                I would try going there with any match you find on the index and see if the record is already digitised and has open access.

Comment

sounds like it wasn't worth waiting for:(

Comment

The rumor is that AncestryDNA is undergoing a major change, due any moment. Maybe that's using a larger share of their computing power?

Comment

really I wonder how many people actually use it ?

Comment

I report it to Facebook Ancestry UK page, that usually gets a good response.

[but agree that for the price they charge it shouldn't cause the site to lag when they are uploading new records]
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Was terrible again this afternoon and FMP not much better. I get on a roll with gathering information and both of them are liable to say its not available at the crucial moment!
                          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            really I wonder how many people actually use it ?
                            I can't find a reference, but I believe AncestryDNA now has over 1 million test subjects. And the change that I understand they are planning to make are complex.

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                              Has anyone else noticed that when you look at a marriage post 1912 where spouse's surname is given you should be able to click View record & then click on Find spouse to find their Christian name/s but this hasn't been working for quite some time. So irritating because you have to go back to the search form, reverse the surnames & search again.
                              Moggie
                              I reported this to Ancestry & just had a reply.
                              Dear M******

Thank you for contacting Ancestry in regards to the "Find Spouse" feature not working currently.

We regret any frustration this issue might be causing. We are aware of the problems you are experiencing with the "Find Spouse" button not being available.

Our developers have been notified of the matter you have reported. While we work toward a solution, we would like to thank you for both your diligence in reporting issues, and your patience while we address this particular issue.

I hope you find my email helpful and I wish you a lovely day!

If you need additional assistance, reply to this email or feel free to contact us by phone at 0-800-404-9723 from 9 AM to 10 PM GMT, Monday through Friday or from 9 AM - 8 PM GMT, Saturday and Sunday. If you're calling from outside of the UK, please click here for numbers and hours in your region.

Lets hope they do something about it.
                              Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                                The rumor is that AncestryDNA is undergoing a major change, due any moment. Maybe that's using a larger share of their computing power?
                                Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                                I can't find a reference, but I believe AncestryDNA now has over 1 million test subjects. And the change that I understand they are planning to make are complex.
                                This is about the changes: https://dna-explained.com/2016/04/19...update-urgent/
                                Caroline
                                Caroline's Family History Pages
                                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you are having problems with Ancestry, to see if it just you or general, it is well worth keeping an eye on their Facebook pages:

https://www.facebook.com/AncestryUK/ or https://www.facebook.com/AncestryUS/ - the pages are different and you can select other regions on the page itself.
                                  Caroline
                                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Can you access their pages if you're not on facebook?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                                      Can you access their pages if you're not on facebook?

Yes, you can read them , but you can't post anything. You'd need to bookmark the links or search for the pages - or sign up for FB.

Same with our FTF page: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyTreeForum/
                                      Caroline

Comment

Thank you for reporting the missing marriage match Moggie. I kept thinking that I should do it but didn't find the time. At least now it will be being dealt with.
                                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                        X