Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can anyone read the name of the township beginning with "M"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can anyone read the name of the township beginning with "M"?

Patt McQuaid snr.jpg

Would be very grateful to know the name of this town (registration district Irvinestown). Husband reckons it is written in Gaelic but doesn't really know the area.
    Have looked on the computer and cannot find it. Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 17-04-16, 10:47.

Are you sure that it isn't just a repeat of Irvinestown Sue? It looks very alike.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Magheralough
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by Sue1 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17956[/ATTACH]

Would be very grateful to know the name of this town (registration district Irvinestown). Husband reckons it is written in Gaelic but doesn't really know the area.
        Have looked on the computer and cannot find it. Sue
        I think it's Magheralough. See here:

You can find the NLI church record of their marriage here:
        This website contains images from the NLI’s collection of Catholic parish register microfilms. The registers contain records of baptisms and marriages from the majority of Catholic parishes in Ireland and Northern Ireland up to 1880.

A bit more info re the church here:

I see Antony has just beaten me to it!

Christine
        Last edited by Karamazov; 17-04-16, 11:40.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Oops sorry - I didn't know you meant the Chapel bit at the top. I hadn't spotted that :o
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Sue

I'm also looking for McQuade/McQuaid family in Ireland but haven't a clue where. Wonder if you have any Francis's in your tree.

My Francis McQuade/McQuaid bc 1840 in Ireland who married a Bridget Sands bc1843 from Cook/Cork (according to 1901 census though I haven't found any Sands family from there) In 1864 they appear in Jarrow, Tynemouth where a son Thomas was born but can find no marriage for them.

There's one other McQuaid/McQuade family in Jarrow at the same time but found no connection to them.

These are one of the many I have just born Ireland which is a nightmare lol.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Many thanks for translation and sorry so late replying ................ it is Magheralough - I should have realised what it was as have come across it before with this lot! Sue

Comment

Working...
              X