Something which has been sent me has blown me out of my chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something which has been sent me has blown me out of my chair

doing the Dunford Search and asking Questions , I was told do I know that one of the Houses that Dunford was the First owner .Then De Calston then moved into then sold the house to William Darrell who married Elizabeth De Calston he Inherited the House. Henry V111 Courted Jane Seymour at this House. Her Grandmother was Elizabeth Darrell,Also the Names of the People who stayed at this House was Queen Elizabeth 1 Queen of England.King James 1.King Charles 11.William of Orange, The House was Littlecote House Berkshire.The Talbote Family was Looking into it.It even has a part Where Cromwell Stayed,So was this Dunford the Person who first Biult the House in 1200 or before.PLEASE reply whenyou find out .my search of the dunford family could easy write a book now

Bob, I hate to bring you back to reality, but do you really know this family is anything to do with you? Have you the proof that ties up your earliest ancestor to this line? I realise how easy it is to get excited about a name that replicates itself in our trees, but you might not have any connection to this.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Bob......can I ask how you got back with proof that this is your line? My ggg grandfather was William Huband. There are several trees online and in the British History Museum website that have the Hubands going back to the Vikings, but for the life of me, I cannot get beyond a couple of generations before William.

I'm having the same problem with my husband's Kirkby family.

Comment

Originally posted by bobdunford View Post
        doing the Dunford Search and asking Questions , I was told do I know that one of the Houses that Dunford was the First owner .Then De Calston then moved into then sold the house to William Darrell who married Elizabeth De Calston he Inherited the House. Henry V111 Courted Jane Seymour at this House. Her Grandmother was Elizabeth Darrell,Also the Names of the People who stayed at this House was Queen Elizabeth 1 Queen of England.King James 1.King Charles 11.William of Orange, The House was Littlecote House Berkshire.The Talbote Family was Looking into it.It even has a part Where Cromwell Stayed,So was this Dunford the Person who first Biult the House in 1200 or before.PLEASE reply when you find out .my search of the Dunford family could easy write a book now
        Just had a Letter from the Secretary of FORL.MARTIN PHILLIPS (as i was searching from what i have read in British History .that William 1 Conqueror gave Two Brother Both General Land in Yorkshire and Lancashire to Farm.( You might like to know this Reply) i have Found the Dunford who was given 4 Hides of Land to Farm .in Yorkshire near penistone. And later in 1086 William of EU who was given 16 Hides of Land to Farm was found out to be a Traitor to William 11, And was Executed,His Land was given to Dunford .On the Old Map of Yorkshire it Shows Dunford Land 20 Hides Next to Dunford Bridge,
        Now the other Brother Dunford i have been Searching Lancashire for not Knowing at the Time of William 1 there was No Lancashire.
        this is the Letter from Martin Phillips
        At the time of the Doomsday Book 1086, The County of Lancashire did Not Exist .It is in Fact One of the Youngest Counties (Founded in 1182) However .The 6 Hundred that Makes up Lancashire are Anglo Saxon Foundations so Actually Pre Dated
        The Area we know as Lancashire was Divided into Two Areas .The Southern Area.Roughly the Hundred of West Derby, Salford and Leyland.Were know as Inter Rip am Et Mesam,or Between Ribble and Mersey.The Northern Part -Blackburn .Armoundness.and Lonsdal .Was Part of Yorkshire,
        For Doomsday Book Inter Et Mersam, Is included with Cheshire.and the Rest of Present Day Lancashire.Features under Yorkshire.Although Cover edge is not as Detailed as for other Counties,So if William the Conqueror gave the other Dunford Lands in Lancashire it will be Recorded in either the Entries for Cheshire or for Yorkshire .You have been Searching the Wrong Place. Therefore i Suggest you make a Search of the Dooms Day book under those Two Counties.Hoping you have the Luck you Deserve-from Martin Phillips

now just a little more in 1636 King Charles 1 .Asked the Richest Landowner Thomas Dunford for Ship Money in Parliment.Thomas Dunford Refused to pay him, In doing so all the Dunfords in Yorkshire had to Flee for there Lives. Some going to Southern England. But most taking the Three Masted Sailing Ships known as the White Sails. Built by worters . To America.So after 1650 there was not many Dunfords living in Yorkshire.So a Family Tree of Dunfords from Yorkshire. Should Not be found .So i Thought if i want to find my Family Tree they must have Come from Lancashire as most of my Family have.So i Searched Lancashire finding No Dunford in 1100.So Now i Know Why,There was no Lancashere Then .

Comment

Bob how have you got your Liverpool Dunford born Ireland back to 1100 without research from 1800s to get you back that far as it all probability and not actual proven fact, Liverpool was Lancashire in the time your relative lived here the last proven record that i have seen as I gave you lots of the information from Familysearch taking you back to around 1800 and the birth of the children in Liverpool, you can fantasise all you want but without proven fact this is all fiction.
          Edna

Comment

Working...
          X